Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Has anyone made the move on their own?

Wikiposts

Has anyone made the move on their own?

Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:13 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone made the move on their own?

Originally Posted by David Richardson
Hi Seab. I came on my own in 1979 to Chicago tho' I did have a job with a British Co. They sent out 5 unmarried guys and gave us a 10 state territory each. Huge and we were on the road the whole time. Luckily , I met my wife about 9 months later and we were married in 1981. We moved to Atlanta. She had a teaching job and I started my own repping business in just 4 states incl Florida.We're still married, 2 kids in college and have done steadily better with each passing year. Re Orlando - there are very nice areas surrounding it. Winter Park,Deland and others. It is a tourist mecca but does support a vibrant economy in other ways too. If you're coming alone - rent an apartment, get a roommate to share expenses ( lots of apt complexes have roommate finding programs. I'm now a Realtor and have access to lots of info. <<snip>>
you shouldn't give out your e-mail address in an open forum :scared: why don't you just click on the person's name select send pm and private message any details like that.

Last edited by Bob; Nov 19th 2006 at 9:33 am.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

David Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
you shouldn't give out your e-mail address in an open forum :scared: why don't you just click on the person's name select send pm and private message any details like that.
Thanks for this suggestion. I didn't know that was an option. Being something of a technophobe, I'm very proud to have learnt this much. All suggestions on how to maximise this site and online comments are invited and appreciated. I stand corrected.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 12:54 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I like the area around Orlando..sorry Ray...I've lived in tourist areas for years...the traffic can get to you sometimes...thats its one big draw back...
Old Nov 19th 2006, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Thanks for this suggestion. I didn't know that was an option. Being something of a technophobe, I'm very proud to have learnt this much. All suggestions on how to maximise this site and online comments are invited and appreciated. I stand corrected.
Most of us just post complete crap, some are really quite good at it.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Telling us your a Realtor is inviting abuse...........
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:45 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a technophobe as well - pleased to meet you just do what the rest of us do waste an hour clicking on every link in the tan tool bar (the blue bar if you have 2 hours to waste )
Glad Bob gave you the info on how to incorporate your webpage into your signature.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

David Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Telling us your a Realtor is inviting abuse...........
Well , despite the fact we have to be licensed by passing a national and state exam and take continuing education every year, we are barely ranked above car salesmen. Any licensing required for curmudgeons, Ray?
Old Nov 19th 2006, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

We are always getting flyers from realtors about the local market, saying the thing to do in order to sell is lower your price.

Well worth 6% for that kind of inside info eh?
Old Nov 19th 2006, 3:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Well , despite the fact we have to be licensed by passing a national and state exam and take continuing education every year, we are barely ranked above car salesmen. Any licensing required for curmudgeons, Ray?
You mean the 60 hours course ... big deal ..every mother is a realtor
here in Florida
Old Nov 19th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
You mean the 60 hours course ... big deal ..every mother is a realtor
here in Florida
No, I mean the 75 hours of instruction plus exam time and continuing ed here in GA.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 3:31 pm
Ray

No, I mean the 75 hours of instruction plus exam time and continuing ed here in GA.
My wife has more than that as a lowly insurance agent ...
Old Nov 19th 2006, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally
We are always getting flyers from realtors about the local market, saying the thing to do in order to sell is lower your price.

Well worth 6% for that kind of inside info eh?
The 6% is divided between the sellers agent and the buyers agent - 3% each. Their broker gets a cut of that also.Can't speak for my fellow Realtors in CA, but there is a lot more to selling a property than price alone.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

The 6% is divided between the sellers agent and the buyers agent - 3% each. Their broker gets a cut of that also.Can't speak for my fellow Realtors in CA, but there is a lot more to selling a property than price alone.
Nothing personal but I do find it amusing.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
My wife has more than that as a lowly insurance agent ...
In GA, there is no LICENSING requirement for insurance agents at all. There are rules and regs on their behavior when they're working as agents just as there are for Realtors.We get the oversight and the licensing.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally
Nothing personal but I do find it amusing.
No offence taken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.