Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:51 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Originally Posted by Partystar
I saw a clip of it the other day, looked like The Lord of The Rings to me!!!
I just watched the trailer on the website and it does indeed. Looks pretty good actually, but then the effects are done by WETA whe same people that did LOTR. The director is the same guy that did Shrek and Shrek 2: Andrew Adamson. Could be one worth seeing.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:56 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see this movie i loved the others...but couldn't get past the first few chapters of the first book!! the kids are adorable...

it's a great movie I can watch and enjoy with my kids
it's gonna have to be seriously lame for me to not love it
Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
I can't wait to see this movie i loved the others...but couldn't get past the first few chapters of the first book!! the kids are adorable...

it's a great movie I can watch and enjoy with my kids
it's gonna have to be seriously lame for me to not love it
Amy and I have just come back from the cinema. You'll love it, believe me!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:02 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I just watched the trailer on the website and it does indeed. Looks pretty good actually, but then the effects are done by WETA whe same people that did LOTR. The director is the same guy that did Shrek and Shrek 2: Andrew Adamson. Could be one worth seeing.
I can't wait, it should bring back some good memories of the time I walked through my wardrobe into another world!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:00 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbj1000
...as are many of the classics of British and American literature including, but not limited to, Alice in Wonderland, The Lord of the Rings (Britain's favourite novel in multiple surveys).
But not a children's book. You may be thinking of The Hobbit, which was written for children.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:01 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Partystar
I can't wait, it should bring back some good memories of the time I walked through my wardrobe into another world!
Sometimes I worry.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nxylas
But not a children's book. You may be thinking of The Hobbit, which was written for children.
Id love to see kids get their heads round the Silmarilion
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:04 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Just saw the Harry Potter movie. It seemed like a transition to me, more a setup for the next film(s) than a satisfying story in its own right. I have made it a point not to read the books until after I have seen the film, to avoid being disappointed at what gets left out. All the films have moments where I think "I bet that was explained better in the book", but this one seemed to have more than most - perhaps unsurprisingly, given the length of the novel.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Just saw the Harry Potter movie. It seemed like a transition to me, more a setup for the next film(s) than a satisfying story in its own right.

The exact words I said to the Memsahib !

Now how worried are you that we think the same on anything Nylax ?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:04 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree too. There were several scenes which stood out as having to be there, in order to explain parts of the story, yet which didn't fit in with the flow of the rest of the story.
Professor Snapes storeroom is one that comes to mind.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:21 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Now how worried are you that we think the same on anything Nylax ?
Not very. Aren't you the guy who was after a Wessex flag? If so, you're a man after my own heart.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Crispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond repute

I was ment to see this today, got scheduled for work though Watched the 3rd one on saturday so i could re-cap
I used to like the books, read the first 4 the 5th i have, but haven't had time to read it!
As for the adults not liking Harry Potter, i think you guys should get over the fact its a "Kids book" and go see it with an open mind and intent on enjoying the movie. Seriously, it can't be that bad.. look how popular it is
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:35 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crispyuk88
As for the adults not liking Harry Potter, i think you guys should get over the fact its a "Kids book" and go see it with an open mind and intent on enjoying the movie. Seriously, it can't be that bad.. look how popular it is
There is an "adult" edition printed in the UK for those who wish to be discreet. Sorry, no "adult" pictures but rather a sombre, studious looking cover.

Rowling's work may well not be a literary achievement of the calibre of TLOTR, but it's held the interest of many people through six books and four movies, none of which were particularly short. The reading difficulty has increased significantly over the volumes. The main difference between Rowling's books and their movie counterparts is that they DO appeal to people of all ages and to a fairly broad cross-section of demographics, so that they can be topics of (gasp) dinner conversation and other lost arts in sore need of reviving.

I vastly prefer the cross-generational aspects of the Harry Potter story to the tweeeeeee Disney crap. Chicken Little was ruined for me in large part because of the Disney formulaic "appeal to adults" by bringing in 70s disco. Please.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Not very. Aren't you the guy who was after a Wessex flag? If so, you're a man after my own heart.
LOL too true Sir.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Crispyuk88
I was ment to see this today, got scheduled for work though Watched the 3rd one on saturday so i could re-cap
I used to like the books, read the first 4 the 5th i have, but haven't had time to read it!

Its got nothing to do with it being a kids book. I saw about half the first film and read maybe 30 or so pages of the book. I just think its poorly written and far too formulaic for me. It completely failed to absorb me as a good story should. Bearing in mind I read somewhere between 4 to 6 books per month for entertainment since I love literature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.