Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Happy as a pig in shit!

Happy as a pig in shit!

Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Happy as a pig in shit!

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
With all that cloning and genetically modified mallarcy there were bound to be some side effects. Don't be too surprised though, not much of the contents in your hamburger came from a pig either.

That'll be because they are actually beef burgers.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff Yosser, my kids bought over Tetleys tea bags and chocolate when they arrived this summer but unfortunately my sons American girlfriend has acquired a taste for the above so I didn't get to eat / drink most of it.
On the positive side I have just returned from a lovely day trip to Canada where I stocked up on shit loads of Cadburys, HP sauce 4 bottles in number (its available locally but costs wayy more) and ummmm oh yeah .. more choccy shame the exchange isnt better $1.17 means theres not many bargains around.

Jan

ohhh p.s. Officer Weiner at border control was very nice, looked at my LPR card asked me where I lived and what I had been doing in Canada and let me go on my way. No question of passports or the like
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:04 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
That'll be because they are actually beef burgers.
Thanks for explaining that for us all.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:23 am
Just Joined

ROBOBOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lucky bugger

enjoy mate, you are the envy of the expat crowd. sounds like a lot o porrige though, personally we can get quaker oats here at winn dixie fl. leaving more room for ringtons t bags, cream eggs and daddies sauce when my tribe visit.
also have you tried canadian bacon,its not quite , but nearly like ours espescially with daddies smeared across the toasted bread.
enough drooling i'm hungry now. tarra....yorkie bob.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:46 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lucky bugger

Originally Posted by ROBOBOB
enjoy mate, you are the envy of the expat crowd. sounds like a lot o porrige though, personally we can get quaker oats here at winn dixie fl. leaving more room for ringtons t bags, cream eggs and daddies sauce when my tribe visit.
also have you tried canadian bacon,its not quite , but nearly like ours espescially with daddies smeared across the toasted bread.
enough drooling i'm hungry now. tarra....yorkie bob.

ROBO BOB ? Is that like an android version of Bob, like when that guy off Buffy the Vampire Slayer made a Robo Buffy?
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 5:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
ROBO BOB ? Is that like an android version of Bob, like when that guy off Buffy the Vampire Slayer made a Robo Buffy?
your scaring me...
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:22 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
As I have mentioned the old dear is over so in one of the suitcases had,

Forget me pickled onion monster munch though!
What was she thinking??????

Send her back to the shop!!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 6:01 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
your scaring me...
Is this the human Bob or the robot Bob I'm talking to now... :scared:
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

South Africans love a type of 'jerky' called 'biltong' and they used to have little terriers in Miami just waiting for the S.A. airways flights to come in so they could gobble it all up, when they did fly down there.

Was standing in line at JFK years ago, behind a German couple, and the poor frau was in hysterics as she saw the dude casually toss her 'bratwurst' into the bins behind him.....felt so sorry for the poor dear....
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:38 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Ok, I'm wondering this thread and I'm wondering wtf is going on with the oxo cubes ???

Any chance of someone explaining why us customs are interested in them....
please

I think it might be something to do with OXO cubes meat content coming from the offal/spinal cord/ organs and general crappy bits etc of the animal and this is supposed to be where the mad cow disease is concentrated in the animal. Or some bollocks like that.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:14 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
I could go for a pot noodle meself. ALways a big dilemma in the student days was chicken n mushroom or beef n tomato ? Aaah 21 again.

One it maybe possible to see again, the other will be in your wishes forever
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:19 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
As I have mentioned the old dear is over so in one of the suitcases had,

1 jar of lemon curd
1 jar of marmite
2 jars of Lyons golden syrup
2 huge sacks of porridge
2 boxes of frosted shreddies
2 bars of galaxy, cadburys caramel, cadburys choc mint, flakes, choccy buttons, malteasers.
1 jar of branston pickle

Wednesday copy of The Sun (nice rack on page 3)

Forget me pickled onion monster munch though!
Did she bring any clothes?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am definitely happier than a pig in the proverbial. I am excited to announce we have a new store here in Milwaukee called 'World Market' which sells food from all over the world...and guess what loads of it is our fav and familiar foods from home So I stocked up on ''''salad cream'''' marmalade, digestive biscuits and I even bought a twirl. I'm chocked up just telling you. Anyway they even have Christmas puddings, real tea and shortbread. The only thing I didnt see was branston pickle, although they did have piccalilli oh and they even had pickled onions!!!! Sunday afternoon we sat down and ate, bread with Cheddar and salad with salad cream. I had forgotten what real taste was like. I've decided I'm going to buy a condo right above the store.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:37 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Well I am definitely happier than a pig in the proverbial. I am excited to announce we have a new store here in Milwaukee called 'World Market' which sells food from all over the world...and guess what loads of it is our fav and familiar foods from home So I stocked up on ''''salad cream'''' marmalade, digestive biscuits and I even bought a twirl. I'm chocked up just telling you. Anyway they even have Christmas puddings, real tea and shortbread. The only thing I didnt see was branston pickle, although they did have piccalilli oh and they even had pickled onions!!!! Sunday afternoon we sat down and ate, bread with Cheddar and salad with salad cream. I had forgotten what real taste was like. I've decided I'm going to buy a condo right above the store.

We have one too that just opened in August-went there shortly after opening and there wasn't much stock. However we visited yesterday and they have really got loads more stuff in. I was excited at seeing clotted cream! Bring on the cream teas, I also noticed that they have some stuff that we already have in the local Krogers but at much higher price!!!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:41 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
We have those in Chicago too.
In fact I'll be popping down there later to get Golden Syrup to use for my toffee apples