Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Happy to be Here!

Wikiposts

Happy to be Here!

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Moji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to all
Default Happy to be Here!

Just popped back to this site after about a month away, and am dismayed to see that there are still so many unhappy Brits here, despite the lovely weather we are having. Come on guys, cheer up! I left the UK to get away from all of the misery lovers.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:31 am

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Happy to be Here!

Originally Posted by Moji
Just popped back to this site after about a month away, and am dismayed to see that there are still so many unhappy Brits here, despite the lovely weather we are having. Come on guys, cheer up! I left the UK to get away from all of the misery lovers.
Do you find New Yorkers to be pleasant and polite? I certainly didn't.....

Besides, its good to moan.......clears the chest.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Moji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to allMoji is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lycanthrop

Yes, actually, I have found New Yorkers to be extremely polite, friendly, helpful, warm, lively and positive people. I do find it odd how people from the same place can have such a different experience here. As for moaning, it doesn't do much for the person who has to put up with it.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:45 am

Yes, actually, I have found New Yorkers to be extremely polite, friendly, helpful, warm, lively and positive people. I do find it odd how people from the same place can have such a different experience here. As for moaning, it doesn't do much for the person who has to put up with it.
Not exactly the same place.......Upstate.

Nah, but its a natural pressure relief.......better than mowing down co-workers after you get downsized along with the copier.......innit?

Still, nice you are enjoying yourself in NY......good luck.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Not exactly the same place.......Upstate.

Nah, but its a natural pressure relief.......better than mowing down co-workers after you get downsized along with the copier.......innit?

Still, nice you are enjoying yourself in NY......good luck.

Peace, Bro! Niagara must be nice this time of year. Good luck to you too, and have a nice day!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:37 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

btw glad you're happy to be here moji, that makes two peeps i know of
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:38 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

How long have you been in NY?

As Lycanthrop says, it's healthier to whinge here than my other outlets for our frustrations with living over here, and certainly nobody's making anyone read our complaints and moans on these boards.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:20 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
...As Lycanthrop says, it's healthier to whinge here than my other outlets for our frustrations with living over here, and certainly nobody's making anyone read our complaints and moans on these boards.
What you said
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Yes, I love y'all's whinging. Since I've been visiting BritishExpats, my life has been much happier. Instead of my wife and I whinging to each other, we can just come here and join in. Enjoying sunny North Carolina.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:47 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Completely apropos of nothing.....

we took a drive today (me and Toon) up to Llano to eat BBQ. It was an interesting place -- I think, though, that the atmosphere was better than the actual 'cue. However, there was a German guy named Karsten there and it would've been nice to check his expat experiences -- but he was too busy dishing up cobbler and weighing the meat to chat!

We then drove up to Brady and back down through Mason and the wildflowers were the most spectacular I have ever ever seen them. Absolutely beautiful and varied and huge! (we have had a lot of rain this year and cool temps).

No, I didn't take pictures, but I did get acquainted with a wildflower I will try to grow next year. It isn't common to the Hill Country but rather the Llano Uplift and the Concho Valley (San Angelo area) -- it is called castilleja purpurea, and comes in every candy colour you can think of -- purples and reds and oranges and yellows and everything between. It isn't as vivid as our Indian paintbrush (castilleja indivisa) but the many colours make it very interesting. Now I'm wishing I'd taken the camera!

Here is one picture:

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
What you said
Yes what he said
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by britvic
Yes what he said
Yeah, what I said originally..........
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, what I said originally..........
Oh sorry did ya, alright then what you said as well
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

...I left the UK to get away from all of the misery lovers.
must have missed the flyer, they all moved here.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
must have missed the flyer, they all moved here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.