Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hamilton County, Indiana

Hamilton County, Indiana

Old Oct 31st 2004, 12:58 am
Just Joined

stress-magnet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hamilton County, Indiana

I am about to give up the too-rural digs and move to Hamilton County, Indiana -- probably Noblesville. Does anyone here know anything about this area? Any advice? What not to do? I could also use a nudge in the direction of a good estate agent, although my house hasn't sold yet. Thanks for any information.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 1:41 am
Unclear Engineer

indybrit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hamilton County, Indiana

Hi.

I have lived in Noblesville for just over a year. We moved here from Ontario and it's quite a nice place to live. Don't know if you have any kids but Hamilton County schools are some of the best in Indiana. My 15 year old goes to Noblesville High.
Housing here is I believe among the cheapest in the US. Some people will argue that Hamilton County is expensive but compared to a lot of other areas in the US it's very reasonable.
Hamilton was and may still be among the top 20 fasted growing counties in the US so that says a lot I think. I like it because it's a reasonable size and is only a 20 minute drive to Indianapolis.
I'm currently renting so I don't know of any specific real estate agents but I regularly check out www.mibor.com which is a great site for house hunting.
Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

Chris.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Chris, I've got 2 kids who will be going to Our Lady of Grace School, though with a hard-of-hearing kindergartener, I'll be getting special education services from the N'ville public schools. Sounds very promising. Thanks!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:24 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

I own a house in Fishers, just south of Noblesville. People claim Hamilton County is expensive to live in because of Fishers and Carmel which have a lot of high-end homeowners. Noblesville is cheaper, but still a nice place to live. As IndyBrit said, the schools are great here; my brother-in-law is 14 and goes to Hamilton South-Eastern. The traffic is a nightmare if you need to commute to Indianapolis, as practically all the major routes south get clogged up between 7:30 and 8:30. Outside of those times, its not so bad.

Our realtor was Bernie Cole from Carpenter GMAC and he did a good job for us. If you contact him, tell him I said Hi.
http://www.carpentergmac.com/agent/A...tMLSCode=20767
Old Apr 5th 2005, 2:24 am
Just Joined

I did manage to buy a house in Westfield, Indiana -- very nice area, part of "Old Town" Westfield.... I have successfully restrained myself from giggling at people who consider a house built in 1880 to be "old." Growing up in Norwich, EVERY house I was in as a child was built pre-1900.

Thanks for the info about the county.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

timsidtim is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't go there...Indiana is the strangest place I ever lived :scared: