Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Had My H1b Interview Today

Had My H1b Interview Today

Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of
Default Had My H1b Interview Today

I know there's been a few posts on this but I thought I'd post my experience today.
Ended up getting to the station early and got an earlier train than intended. Arrived at the Embassy at 7.20, there were already about 20 people queueing!
I was given a plastic bag for my belt, watch, wallet and coins.
By 07:40 I was through the first checks and security and inside the Embassy. Around 08:00 I was called up to present my documents. Around 08:40 I was called to my "interview". I got asked two questions:
What will I be doing for my employer in the US? I had my answer prepared for that!
Had someone explained my employment rights. Said yes I understood them.
That was it! The interview was less than 2 mins.
I was then told everything was ok.
The longest part was the queue for the courier service, there were probably 10/12 in the queue.
Despite all the warningsI saw 3 people sent away as they had keys/mobile phones/laptops. Also saw 1 guy turned away as he didn't have the paperwork he needed with him.
Also saw a celeb in the queue! Good to see that they get treated the same as everyone else.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default Re: Had My H1b Interview Today

cool which celeb?

Richard hammond was there the day i was there
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of
Default Re: Had My H1b Interview Today

Tony Hadley and what I guess was the rest of the new Spandau Ballet.