Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Had immigration interview yesterday and got denied!

Wikiposts

Had immigration interview yesterday and got denied!

Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:45 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Had immigration interview yesterday and got denied!

Originally Posted by snowbunny
It's the guy from the film Office Space come to haunt me!

One of my very fav movies!....but but but.....

Mon mari a un client du Togo et il y a beaucoups de personnes du Togo ici en notre ville - ils ont gagnees la Diversity Visa.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:47 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
One of my very fav movies!....but but but.....

Mon mari a un client du Togo et il y a beaucoups de personnes du Togo ici en notre ville - ils ont gagnees la Diversity Visa.

Cuteness karma would have been sent for this post but the bloody system won't let me compliment you any more right now.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
p.s. one place she is unlikely to come back to for a long time is the USA. I sincerely hope that is not the case but the USCIS have a very tiny sense of humour once they actually get their claws into an illegal immigrant.
She is already in the US.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:52 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Cuteness karma would have been sent for this post but the bloody system won't let me compliment you any more right now.
Aw, it is the thought that counts Do you have any down there? I think they were the biggest winners - country wise. Our local Publixes are full of them.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
for now.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
for now.
For quite some time.

I have heard that in country waivers are slightly harder than they would be in London, but whatever happens it will not be quick.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:14 am

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes. It has been so long and amusing since the OP that I had quite forgotten.

She still has no right to complain at being turned down.

If I don't support the right of illegal Mexicans to stay here I can hardly support her either.

Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:17 am
Account Closed

Ah yes. It has been so long and amusing since the OP that I had quite forgotten.

She still has no right to complain at being turned down.

If I don't support the right of illegal Mexicans to stay here I can hardly support her either.
She is not seeking to stay here illegally.

The whole issue is that she wishes to stay here legally and the hoops needed to be jumped through to achieve that process.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:23 am

I know she isn't right now, but she has in the past and that's where her problem lies.

We all know that a cavalier approach to USCIS gets you nowhere. The lady's problem should be a salutory example to everyone else.

She knew that she was over-staying her visa on previous occasions but did not think it would matter. Well it does.

She is not seeking to stay here illegally.

The whole issue is that she wishes to stay here legally and the hoops needed to be jumped through to achieve that process.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:34 am
Account Closed

I know she isn't right now, but she has in the past and that's where her problem lies.

We all know that a cavalier approach to USCIS gets you nowhere. The lady's problem should be a salutory example to everyone else.

She knew that she was over-staying her visa on previous occasions but did not think it would matter. Well it does.
Overstaying a visa would not have been an issue, if it had been less for 6 months.

And this has only been an issue at all for less than 10 years.

She just has to jump through a few more hoops.

The only matter of interest to me from this case is that they let her in after her overstay, something I have seen a few times before.

Which just goes to show what a crap shoot it is at the POE, and how fallable their systems are.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:41 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

That would be: I don't support illegal employers hiring undocumented Latino workers, would it?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by fatbrit
That would be: I don't support illegal employers hiring undocumented Latino workers, would it?
That too
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:54 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Moral of the story is dont piss off the USCIS for their word is gospel whether you agree or not.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Moral of the story is dont piss off the USCIS for their word is gospel whether you agree or not.
Option 1

They applied for a K1/3 and then filed fora waiver for the overstay.

Timeline - 18 months.

Option 2

She entered and adjust in country with an in country waiver.

Timeline - none.

So who is up?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:28 am
Hull lass

workboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond repute

Overstaying a visa would not have been an issue, if it had been less for 6 months.

And this has only been an issue at all for less than 10 years.

She just has to jump through a few more hoops.

The only matter of interest to me from this case is that they let her in after her overstay, something I have seen a few times before.

Which just goes to show what a crap shoot it is at the POE, and how fallable their systems are.
As has been posted in the immigration forums, I'm jumping through the same hoops right now - I was also allowed back in. But, now I know what I need to do, hubby and I are working on the waiver. We also have a backup plan (I-212/I-601 from the UK) if the in-country waiver is denied.