Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Had immigration interview yesterday and got denied!

Wikiposts

Had immigration interview yesterday and got denied!

Old Oct 14th 2006, 4:02 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had immigration interview yesterday and got denied!

Originally Posted by Ray
And you opinion matters because................
you clearly have no idea who you are talking to
Old Oct 14th 2006, 4:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
you clearly have no idea who you are talking to
Oh contraire mon ami
Old Oct 14th 2006, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh contraire mon ami
Do they teach French at Togo's elementary schools?
Old Oct 14th 2006, 4:18 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
My mate Del Trotter taught me that ...............

but french is the language of Togo ...
Old Oct 14th 2006, 4:41 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh contraire mon ami
Ca Plane Pour Moi
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:53 pm
Banned

leedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
So, this person came here for help and got a load of bigoted conservative, self righteous BS from a bunch of bitter Buggers who have nothing better to do. I like this place but some of these replys are shocking. If you can't help then why bother to post the obvious i.e. (paraphrasing) this is a great example of why not to overstay etc etc ad nauseum.
There have been some useful replys which is good but mostly I am suprised.
I hope this person comes back but I would be suprised if she did.

Good luck.
Your name says it all mate. Obviously you approve of people breaking the law.....why should there be any sympathy for law breakers whether it was intentional or not. The thing is, I am still amazed to this day especially after 9/11 that there are people such as this woman who just don't think about the consequences of their actions. It is irrelevant that she had no idea that she was going to meet and marry her husband........she went back to the UK for a visit and was aware that she was out-of-status and so should of taken the time to find out the possible consequences of her leaving the country..........again as I said in an earlier post, I am amazed she got back in at the POE and can well believe her shock at the interview when she was denied.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leedsPaddy
Your name says it all mate. Obviously you approve of people breaking the law.....why should there be any sympathy for law breakers whether it was intentional or not. The thing is, I am still amazed to this day especially after 9/11 that there are people such as this woman who just don't think about the consequences of their actions. It is irrelevant that she had no idea that she was going to meet and marry her husband........she went back to the UK for a visit and was aware that she was out-of-status and so should of taken the time to find out the possible consequences of her leaving the country..........again as I said in an earlier post, I am amazed she got back in at the POE and can well believe her shock at the interview when she was denied.
She has a route, as has been said, the waiver, in country I-601.

The waiver is an English Comprehension test, as long as you have a bit of nouse should not be too much of an issue.

The link has already been given for a self help group.

There is also a section on www.visajourney.com
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:09 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, she got an awful lot of very good advice although in her case it was a bit after the fact, but that's not our fault.

In particular, much of the advice will be for the benefit other potential immigrants who may think that breaking the law here is a start on the path to Legal Residency.

There is nothing either bigoted or conservative about pointing out to someone that their past actions have, probably, completely screwed up their current desires.

One cannot emphasise enough, to anyone desirous of relocating to the USA, that breaking the law, whether intentionally or otherwise, is not part of the path to legally becoming a resident here.

Perhaps your "handle" is appropriate.

p.s. one place she is unlikely to come back to for a long time is the USA. I sincerely hope that is not the case but the USCIS have a very tiny sense of humour once they actually get their claws into an illegal immigrant.

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
So, this person came here for help and got a load of bigoted conservative, self righteous BS from a bunch of bitter Buggers who have nothing better to do. I like this place but some of these replys are shocking. If you can't help then why bother to post the obvious i.e. (paraphrasing) this is a great example of why not to overstay etc etc ad nauseum.
There have been some useful replys which is good but mostly I am suprised.
I hope this person comes back but I would be suprised if she did.

Good luck.

Last edited by TRPardoe; Oct 16th 2006 at 4:25 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:15 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe that you wrote that without at least cursorily checking the facts.

What language do you think they speak in Togo ?

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications.../to.html#Intro

Originally Posted by Toontje
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:47 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
And I thought that it was just a bad joke that I didn't get.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:53 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The most comprehensive 601 self-help site is: http://immigrate2us.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=26
I strongly second this suggestion, and I strongly recommend you read everything by Laurel Scott and consider retaining her for a consultation.

Please forgive the comment by my husband about Togoans speaking French. It is a forum inside joke between himself and Ray, but he is not being flippant about the OP's hardship. We went through enough hell during our clear cut DCF filing with no complicating factors to understand just how hard it is.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:01 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Please forgive the comment by my husband about Togoans speaking French. It is a forum inside joke between himself and Ray, but he is not being flippant about the OP's hardship.
Mmmm'K!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:17 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Mmmm'K!
It's the guy from the film Office Space come to haunt me!

Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:37 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Mmmm'K!
Actually didnt you know Ray was a Togoan?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe

Togonease?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.