Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:26 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

Originally Posted by Sarah
Only joking Gruff, actually my real name is Bernard Dogbottom and this is what I really look like:

Do you smoke Hamlets?
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:27 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Do you smoke Hamlets?
No, crack usually
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:29 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

No, crack usually
'Emmanuelle 3' had smoking crack in it, how she did it is still a mystery
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

gaaahhh me the same as that troll guy.. err no way... lets get that straight now!
I only just joined this board so be nice
the sad thing is that its that kind of thinking thats really bringing both america and the uk and no doubt many other countries to their knees.
The sheer selfishness of the 'american way' which has been so successfull in the past at building their country and economy is now starting to show its flaws. The problem is now that with the global economy and global pollution nobody can afford to only think about themselves. America and americans can no longer have their head in the sand and only think of themselves. To be honest I think the whole world should be able to vote in American elections since the actions of america affect everyone so profoundly worldwide... This is a relatively new phenomenon I think and America is still living in its 1950's utopia.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:34 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelman
America and americans can no longer have their head in the sand and only think of themselves. To be honest I think the whole world should be able to vote in American elections since the actions of america affect everyone so profoundly worldwide.
This will soon be true for India and China as well, as they have far greater populations and are on the ramp up to consume at Western levels as their economy grows.

Perhaps other countries could attract Americans to leave and come to their countries on some sort of cultural exchange to see the profound change, and how things might be different? I'm being completely serious here.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

If only the Indian and more importantly Chinese government (for they have the most scope to implement this beinga dictatorship) would see how we have gone wrong in the west and learn from our mistakes. If for instance China committed itself to implementing the very latest green technologies, promoted using renewable energy, solar power, energy efficient production and appliances they could really leapfrog the west. Instead of just copying what we have done they could get a real head start on the West. In the same way that England was the leader in the Industrial revolution but suffered later on when we were left with old rotting legacy victorian technology whilst others leapt forward with the latest and greatest, likewise with germany after the war since they had no factories when they rebuilt they got the latest and greatest. China could do the same. It would cost more in the beginning but I think they would rapidly recoup this and soar ahead of the West. Thats why its so bizarre when american companies like GM simply refuse to embrace new technology and ideas and stick their head firmly in the sand. Energy efficiency can never be a bad thing surely. Companies were happy to invest in new computer systems when the y2k bug never happened, the economy as a whole grew a bit and no doubt the companies benefited from having the latest and greatest. Why wont they do the same with energy?
Its a mystery

Originally Posted by snowbunny
This will soon be true for India and China as well, as they have far greater populations and are on the ramp up to consume at Western levels as their economy grows.

Perhaps other countries could attract Americans to leave and come to their countries on some sort of cultural exchange to see the profound change, and how things might be different? I'm being completely serious here.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

gaaahhh me the same as that troll guy.. err no way... lets get that straight now!
I only just joined this board so be nice
the sad thing is that its that kind of thinking thats really bringing both america and the uk and no doubt many other countries to their knees.
The sheer selfishness of the 'american way' which has been so successfull in the past at building their country and economy is now starting to show its flaws. The problem is now that with the global economy and global pollution nobody can afford to only think about themselves. America and americans can no longer have their head in the sand and only think of themselves. To be honest I think the whole world should be able to vote in American elections since the actions of america affect everyone so profoundly worldwide... This is a relatively new phenomenon I think and America is still living in its 1950's utopia.
Perhaps you would be more at home in TIO.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:00 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

If for instance China committed itself to implementing the very latest green technologies, promoted using renewable energy, solar power, energy efficient production and appliances they could really leapfrog the west.
I don't see this happening for the same reason it's not happening elsewhere: it's expensive and you recoup your investment at the backend.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sorry I dont know what/where TIO is

it's true I am not here in the States out of any love for the place. I am here because of my job and a desire to experience life in another country. I have learnt a lot about both America and England, abou tthe people and lifestyle of both, both positive and negative. I hate it when people say things like 'well if you dont like it here why dont you get out and go home' (I know this isnt what youre suggesting ). Sure you might not fall in love with a place but its all about learning and sometimes one doesnt always have a choice anyway.
This goes for people in all countries not just here in the US
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Perhaps you would be more at home in TIO.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:48 pm
Lapine Member

The forum "Take It Outside", where almost anything goes, including the more incendiary threads, though the Geneva Convention is sometimes enforced.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:41 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

it's true I am not here in the States out of any love for the place. I am here because of my job and a desire to experience life in another country. I have learnt a lot about both America and England, abou tthe people and lifestyle of both, both positive and negative. I hate it when people say things like 'well if you dont like it here why dont you get out and go home' (I know this isnt what youre suggesting ). Sure you might not fall in love with a place but its all about learning and sometimes one doesnt always have a choice anyway.
This goes for people in all countries not just here in the US
Angelman - it might be a good idea to fill in the 'location' field of your profile so we and the rest of BE can see where your ex-pat posting is, that way its also easier for us to determine a troll or not
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:47 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Angelman - it might be a good idea to fill in the 'location' field of your profile so we and the rest of BE can see where your ex-pat posting is, that way its also easier for us to determine a troll or not
It has been very quiet here lately without trolos
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:54 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
It has been very quiet here lately without trolos
I prefer the anagram of his name - stool.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:56 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by peterbainham
I prefer the anagram of his name - stool.
I like Tools also, seeing as he was such a tool