Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

Old Jul 28th 2006, 6:33 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

Why do I take so much pleasure in seeing the Bentonville juggernaut fail miserably in Europe?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14073098/
Old Jul 28th 2006, 6:41 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

Originally Posted by Sarah
Why do I take so much pleasure in seeing the Bentonville juggernaut fail miserably in Europe?

You should enjoy this then from the jib jab team

http://www.jibjab.com/JokeBox/JokeBo...px?movieid=122
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Their days (and those of all such massive pile em high sell em cheap retailers) are numbered anyway. Their business models are based on cheap labour and cheap distribution which all relies on cheap and abundant energy. With the cost of energy spiralling expect outfits such as Wally World to collapse in on themselves in the near future.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:05 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Their days (and those of all such massive pile em high sell em cheap retailers) are numbered anyway. Their business models are based on cheap labour and cheap distribution which all relies on cheap and abundant energy. With the cost of energy spiralling expect outfits such as Wally World to collapse in on themselves in the near future.
Well I'm going to be honest and frank here. I could give a damn about slave labor and poor working conditions. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a shitbag and have no interest in the economics lives of people off in Chinese sweatshops somewhere.

Bottom line is this - I'm a consumer. A customer. I want products at the lowest price. You're all free to go and visit one of those mom & pop gas stations, who charge $2 for a pack of gun, or $3 for a tin of beans. Feel good that you are supporting fair trade. But I'll personally stick to Wal-Mart and get my gum for 20c and my beans for 80c thanks.

I'm glad WalMart is around. I trust it a lot more than these local foodmarts, who are much more likely to sell outdated food and overprice their goods to make a profit. I want to save money, and WM allows me to do that. Long may it prosper.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
who charge $2 for a pack of gun, or $3 for a tin of beans. Feel good that you are supporting fair trade.
$2 for a pack of gun!!! Bargain!.

Ah Simple, Simple, Simple......
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:13 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
$2 for a pack of gun!!! Bargain!.

Ah Simple, Simple, Simple......
You can't sneeze, fart or make a typo on BE and hope to get away with it...
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:16 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm going to be honest and frank here. I could give a damn about slave labor and poor working conditions. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a shitbag and have no interest in the economics lives of people off in Chinese sweatshops somewhere.

Bottom line is this - I'm a consumer. A customer. I want products at the lowest price. You're all free to go and visit one of those mom & pop gas stations, who charge $2 for a pack of gun, or $3 for a tin of beans. Feel good that you are supporting fair trade. But I'll personally stick to Wal-Mart and get my gum for 20c and my beans for 80c thanks.

I'm glad WalMart is around. I trust it a lot more than these local foodmarts, who are much more likely to sell outdated food and overprice their goods to make a profit. I want to save money, and WM allows me to do that. Long may it prosper.
I suppose it had to happen... I agree with you. :scared:
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:49 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

You really, really don't see the bigger picture here do you?
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:53 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn't matter. You see, he's all right Jack.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:54 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

I don't care about the bigger picture. Like I say, I'm selfish and care about my own needs, and those of my family. WalMart creates competition - which leads to lower prices. They're not going to go out of business, despite what y'all may claim about energy costs, etc.

Just like in the UK when Sainsbury's monopoly was ruined by the rise of Tesco, Asda, Aldi, Somerfield, etc - the ongoing developments of WM, Randalls, Kroegers, etc, means better things for the customer.

And don't EVER talk to me in that condescending tone again.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:55 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by peterbainham
That doesn't matter. You see, he's all right Jack.
Yup, Jack is just fine. Perhaps if every person on this planet was self motivated - with the willingness to suceed in all aspects of their life - without concern for failure or weakness...we wouldn't have such a lame society filled with bums, leeches, illiterate morons and crooks.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:01 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Or I'll skweam and I'll skweam and I'll swkeam.

Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:01 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care about the bigger picture. Like I say, I'm selfish and care about my own needs, and those of my family.
That's really nothing to be proud of.

WalMart creates competition......
......and then destroys it .....

which leads to lower prices.......
.......so that they can raise them again.

You mean the same condescending tone that you used no more than five minutes ago:

Are you people familiar with the German concept of 'Schadenfreude'?

Look it up.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:08 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by peterbainham
That's really nothing to be proud of.

......and then destroys it .....

.......so that they can raise them again.

You mean the same condescending tone that you used no more than five minutes ago:
Great post. You can nit pick. Woo Woo.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:08 pm
Being myself

Yup, Jack is just fine. Perhaps if every person on this planet was self motivated - with the willingness to suceed in all aspects of their life - without concern for failure or weakness...we wouldn't have such a lame society filled with bums, leeches, illiterate morons and crooks.
Are you familiar with the German concept of 'Allzumenschliche'?

Look it up.

With your philosophy we can all grow up to be 'Allzumenschliches' like yourself and this gentleman:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.