Reload this Page >

H1B Visa Passport Stamp

H1B Visa Passport Stamp

Old May 24th 2003, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

cmw01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1B Visa Passport Stamp

Hi, some background first.
I came to US on an L1A visa and my family on L2's. We had I140 filed in year 2.
At start of year3 my company decided to make me redundant.
I found a H1B sponser and applied for H1B and H4's for my family.
These were approved and all I got was approval notice and new I94's sent to me.

All thats in my passport is the origional L1/L2 stamps and the new H1B approval notice and I94's.

How do I go about getting the H1B passport stamp in our passports.

As I already have L1/2 stamps can this be done in the US, as I will loose pay if I leave not to mention cost of flights and hotels.

If I do have to leave country can just I leave with all my families passports and hand them into the embassy in the UK. How would they know anyway.

I remember when I did the origional L1 I took all my family to UK but in practice all I did was goto a bank pay a fee and give a receipt and forms and passports to the embassy. I never saw anybody and my family just sat in a hotel till the passports came back. nobody knew they were in UK, they could have been in US on holiday.

Why couldn't I send my passport to somebody in the UK, get them to send it in and when they get it back they courier it back to me?

In addition my wife is expecting out 3rd child on 3 weeks. I assume he/she will have no problem obtaining a US passport. But this is yet another reason why I can't leave the country at this time.

Thanks for any advise.
Mark

Last edited by cmw01; May 24th 2003 at 11:56 pm.