H1 to F1

Old Nov 27th 2002, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

afs32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1 to F1

Hi Everybody:

I am currently working on an H1B visa and plan to start my PhD in Spring 2003. I have obtained full financial aid for the program. I plan to go to Canada or India to get my new F1 stamped.

My previous company had filed the 'Labor Certification' for my GC. My question is that when I would to go to the US consulate, say in Mumbai, would the consulate folks have the information that my Labor Certification had been filed before. Because if they are aware of this information, they would obviously reject the F1 as one has to show non-immigrant intent for it.

Would be grateful if the experts could provide some more information on this...

Thanks
Afs
Old Jan 28th 2003, 6:14 pm
msa
Just Joined

msa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Same problem (H1 -> F1)

Hi, I have read your email and I think I will have the same problem. I am planning to start Phd and I have pending I485. It may be necessary to withdraw the I485 application maybe. Still investigating. What is your email so that I can forward anything we know to each other ? Did you get any responses so far ?- Thanks
-MSA