Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

H1 B visa - Goof up!! Need advise ..

Wikiposts

H1 B visa - Goof up!! Need advise ..

Old Nov 16th 2002, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

spraw00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1 B visa - Goof up!! Need advise ..

My company attorney made some errors while filing in the H1B transfer petition -
1) In the covering letter, he gave an incorrect date as my date of first entry on h1B. This date is earlier than the date on which I entered US. Does INS go by the date on the Covering letter or the dates as in their records? I wonder if this will affect the 6 year duration end date adversly.
2) Also, on my H1B application, they put in an incorrect "Permanent Foreign address". The attorney says that this is not a problem.
(And, I can see why the attorney says that. She does not want to loose face to my employer, who cuts the check out for her fees.)

All my previous H1B petitions have the correct addresses. I want to be sure that there are no hassles in the future for me in this, especially when my Green Card is being processed.