Reload this Page >

H1-B Travel Tomorrow

H1-B Travel Tomorrow

Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:44 am
Just Joined

toddLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1-B Travel Tomorrow

Hi All,

I've come back to the UK after being on the OPT cap-gap at my company in the US (April 1st to October 1st) to get my H1-B at the US embassy.

Painless Experience at US Embassy:
- Appointment 10am Monday
- 20 minute wait for 1st window
- 20 minute wait for 2nd window
- H1-B Interview lasted around 1 minute, 1 informal question asked, "So, tell me about (insert job field here)"
- Passport arrived Thursday morning

I'm flying back to LA tomorrow to resume work on Monday, and just wondered if I needed to do anything besides have the visa in my passport and fill out the white form? I also have a company cover letter for the immigration officer if needed. I just remember having more forms (like the I-20) to accompany my visa when I was on F-1 so wanted to ask you H1-Bers!

Thanks all
Todd
Old Oct 24th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice
Default Re: H1-B Travel Tomorrow

Hi

Congrats on the visa
You need to make sure you have your I797B form with you, should have been sent back with your passport
That was the only other document we were asked for when we arrived last week, which we had not been told to bring, but as a last minute thought I packed it, did panic when i arrived and couldnt find it, It had got stuck in between a magazine in my bag, so we got sent to secondary interview, as soon as we got there I found it and we had our passports stamped and were on our way

Good Luck x
Old Oct 24th 2009, 11:57 am
Just Joined

do you mean I-797A? i didn't get any form I-797B with my passport, just the I-797A (original approval notice).

let me know!!!
todd
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

ahhhh ok so after a little research i found the following:

i797A is when you are already in the US and you are approved to stay working from april- october during the cap gap extension

i797B is if you are not in the US and are approved to work from october 1st

p.s. good to see another person from berkshire in california
todd

Last edited by toddLA; Oct 24th 2009 at 12:06 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Originally Posted by toddLA
p.s. good to see another person from berkshire in california
There seems to be a lot of us about, especially in San Francisco