Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

H1 B - how do you get it?

H1 B - how do you get it?

Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:33 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1 B - how do you get it?

Originally Posted by Budowsky
Thanks for that.

Well I am looking longer term. So five years would be something to aim for.

I haven't decided but I am leaning towards a journalism qualification, so nursing may be in another lifetime....and so might the US.

You have to ask yourself: why would a US paper want to hire a rookie Britsh journalist?

Given the parochial nature of US journalism, what could you possibly offer them?
Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just find a US slapper and marry her ...
Old Sep 16th 2006, 10:52 pm
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira
You have to ask yourself: why would a US paper want to hire a rookie Britsh journalist?

Given the parochial nature of US journalism, what could you possibly offer them?

They wouldn't. I am not neccessarily interested in doing journalism to get into the US.

From what I can tell, it almost impossible for a single skilled guy to immigrate to the USA.

If thats the case, then I might as well look at other easier countries (OZ, NZ, Canada etc)
Old Sep 17th 2006, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budowsky
They wouldn't. I am not neccessarily interested in doing journalism to get into the US.

From what I can tell, it almost impossible for a single skilled guy to immigrate to the USA.

If thats the case, then I might as well look at other easier countries (OZ, NZ, Canada etc)

thats basically it in a nut shell
Old Sep 19th 2006, 6:09 am
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
thats basically it in a nut shell

I reckon Canada could be a goer. Settle there for a few years, get citizenship and then hop over to the states...

In the meantime you get to enjoy everything Canada has to offer (Sport, Great Cities, ski ing etc). Who knows you might not want to leave.