Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

H1-B expiring dilemma... PLEASE ADVICE!!!

H1-B expiring dilemma... PLEASE ADVICE!!!

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

sablok is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face H1-B expiring dilemma... PLEASE ADVICE!!!

I'm in a TRIVIAL situation.

I'm in my 6th yr of H1-B. I joined my present company in Feb on a project for 6+ months. They applied for H1-B and aslo filed for recaliming time I spent outside US in the last 6 yrs. that would take me all the way till 30 Sep, 2003.

My H1-B got approved finally on 08 Aug,03 and my company informed me last week that the INS/BCIS gave approval for H1-B extennsion till 30 Sep,2003.

But Today my copany informed me that the H1 approval is till 08 Sep, 2003 ONLY. I'm in a dilemma now since the project is still on. The client doesn't know about this and my company will probably not allow me to work after 08 Sep, 2003 which is understandable.

I want to stay in US for couple of months since I recently had a Baby and I want to get the initial Immunizations done before I leave US. Also need some time to wind up the stuff and visit some places.

Can someboy advice what's the LEGAL way to go about informing INS/BCIS. Can I just write a letter to INS saying that I need some time to wind up the stuff and wait for my Baby's immunizations.....

Not sure... Please help......

Thanks