Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Guess that goal...

Guess that goal...

Old May 3rd 2005, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess that goal...

No prizes I'm afraid, but it's at least 2 minutes of fun.

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/cm_goals/goal1.swf

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/cm_goals/goal2.swf

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/cm_goals/goal3.swf

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/cm_goals/goal4.swf

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/cm_goals/goal5.swf
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guess that goal...

#1. Beckham against Wimbledon, 1996 I think.
#2. "They think it's all over......it is now" 1966.
#3. Maradonna. Bastard.
#4. World cup. Brazil v Italy. 1970 I think.
#5. Euro '96. Gazza against Scotland.

That's my picks.
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:22 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I think I was about 10 or so.

Mark Hughes scored this scissor kick effort from about 25 yeards out against Iceland in some world cup qualifier in the early 80's.

I watch it open mouthed whenever I see it.
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:41 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

No.2 scored by Nayim against Arsenal in the Cup winners cup? Left Seaman sitting stunned in the goal.
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:51 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Manc

Mark Hughes scored this scissor kick effort from about 25 yeards out against Iceland in some world cup qualifier in the early 80's.

It was against Spain in Wrexham, I was behind the goal. As I lived in Birkenhead at the time, thought I'd go down and see it.
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
No.2 scored by Nayim against Arsenal in the Cup winners cup? Left Seaman sitting stunned in the goal.

remember the song to teh tune of go west ? all together now "Nayim from the half way line"
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:36 pm
3 Brians

mattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud of

Take it you mean no.1 ?

i remeber the chant well. Nayim from the halfway line....
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:40 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattbutt3
Take it you mean no.1 ?

i remeber the chant well. Nayim from the halfway line....
ooops yeah no.1 So, was I right?
Old May 4th 2005, 12:12 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

I still don't think I've seen a better goal than when NI goalie Pat Jennings scored a goal from his goal by kicking the ball all the way up the field and over the other goalie's head.

Safest hands in soccer our Pat!
Old May 4th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
I still don't think I've seen a better goal than when NI goalie Pat Jennings scored a goal from his goal by kicking the ball all the way up the field and over the other goalie's head.

Safest hands in soccer our Pat!

Justin Fashanu's epic for Norwich v Scousers when he swivelled & buried it in the early 80s.
Old May 4th 2005, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

strim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Eskimo
remember the song to teh tune of go west ? all together now "Nayim from the half way line"
ha ha, a classic. that tune was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the nayim post!
Old May 4th 2005, 10:00 pm
3 Brians

mattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud ofmattbutt3 has much to be proud of

ooops yeah no.1 So, was I right?
Im pretty sure thats beckhams against wimbledon as duncan says.

Red no7 gives it away.

Pretty sure that game was at highbury so Arsenal would have been in red.
Old May 4th 2005, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mattbutt3
Im pretty sure thats beckhams against wimbledon as duncan says.

Red no7 gives it away.

Pretty sure that game was at highbury so Arsenal would have been in red.
It is gb v Wombles, and the Nayim goal was in the Cup Winners Cup final ( 93/4 ?) and at a neutral venue.
Old May 5th 2005, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

An if I remember, Nayim wore light blue on that occasion!
Old May 5th 2005, 1:29 pm
my arm aches

Oh well, do I get some karma for being the only chick to try?