green card

Old Nov 30th 2002, 11:00 am
Just Joined

jmckeown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default green card

I transferred to the USA 3 years ago and received my (company sponsored) greencard 6 months ago. I am now looking to move to another company and wonder if there will be any issues with the validity of my greencard or other immigration issues etc. I understand the company that sponosred me will not be too happy but they have continued to lay people off right , left and centre and one day it could be me.
Old Dec 7th 2002, 2:52 am
Just Joined

lmysrfr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: green card

I went through the same thing when I got my green card.

My attorney advised me that I had to stay with my employer for a "reasonable amount of time". I was told that in California 2 months was reasonable. I was lucky, there was no bad feeling when I resigned.

I would suggest that you consult an immigration attorney, it costs me $200 for an hour's consultation every time I need advice.

I personally always use an attorney anytime I deal with the INS. The money spent is worth the good advice.

If you are in San Jose use Donald Freiberg. If you are in San Diego use Gary Perl.

Good Luck
Old Dec 7th 2002, 11:22 am
Just Joined

jmckeown is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thks for the advice which I will take.