Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Grand Rapids, MI Area British Expat Meetup

Grand Rapids, MI Area British Expat Meetup

Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:11 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice
Default Grand Rapids, MI Area British Expat Meetup

Hi All,

We're having a get together this coming Saturday and wanted to give those in the Michigan area a heads up about it in case they would like to join us for a pint. I know it is short notice, but future events/meetups will have more notice.

thing1

Below are the details:

Grand Rapids Expat Brit February Meetup

When:

Saturday, February 19, 2005 at 7:00 PM

Where:

Bull's Head Tavern
188 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49501
Map

Grand Rapids Expat Brit Meetup Group
Old Feb 14th 2005, 4:34 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grand Rapids, MI Area British Expat Meetup

sounds good to me.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:55 pm

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

So far it looks like there will be 8 of us there. I'm still waiting to hear if Carey and Paul can make it.

thing2 and I are looking forward to having to chance to visit with you and your wife again.

See you Saturday evening!

thing1
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:58 pm

one more thing, did you have any dates in mind for the spring Windsor get together? I'd like to be able to ask off the time far enough in advance they won't have any excuse to deny me.

Just please don't say it's March 24....thing2 bought me tickets to see Duran Duran in Detroit that night.

Cheers!
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:06 am

UPDATE:

Amrik and I visited the Bull's Head Tavern tonight to get an idea what the venue was like and to find out if we would need reservations for a larger party. We did wind up making reservations, but had to make them for a half hour earlier than originally stated.

Our reservations are for 6:30 pm under the "GR Brit Meetup Group". We'll try to make sure there is a sign on the table with the same name so that we are easy to find.

The venue is a little nicer than we expected...simply meaning it isn't as laid back and casual as Flanagan's around the corner. Where you might go into Flanagan's wearing your dirty work clothes, you certainly wouldn't want to visit Bull's Head Tavern in such attire. Of course you can wear what you like, we personally would feel more comfortable wearing something other than jeans and a t-shirt.

Our reservation is for 8 people at the moment, but I can try to adjust it if more people want to attend. I'm guessing I have a small window of time to do that so if you are one of those that hasn't RSVPed and think you will be attending, please try to let us know your plans fairly soon.

Thanks,

Oktobre & Amrik
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:10 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't make it sadly. I have my parents coming over on Wednesday, and it's my sons 1st birthday on Sunday, so I'm kind of tied up for the next few days. Hopefully if there is a meetup later in the spring or in the summer i'll be able to make it. Just don't schedule anything for the last 2 weeks in May.

Daniel
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:36 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
sadly I have my parents coming over on Wednesday
I thought you'd be more excited to see them.........
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:57 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I thought you'd be more excited to see them.........

shhhhhhhhhh I don't want them to find out
Old Feb 20th 2005, 9:23 pm

Default February GR Brit Meetup Group a Success!

We had a really lovely time at the meetup. We're even more excited about future meetups after finding everyone to be so lovely, down to earth and fun to spend time with.

We hope any Brits and their spouses in the West Michigan area who would like to meet up with other Brits will come out and join us for our next meetup. Please check out the site at the start of this thread if you are interested in knowing where the next meetup will be.

Matt and Melissa, what happend to you two? We held your spot open but you never showed up and I never got word of your cancelling. We hope everything is okay up your way. We heard something about there being a winter storm up your way.

thing1
Old Feb 21st 2005, 5:34 am
@matthewb76

Well I was supposed to finish work at 3.

at 7pm and I was still there, plus the weather................
you know how it goes.

Won't make the March one either. We'll be back in UK.