Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

GOT VISA--London interview

Wikiposts

GOT VISA--London interview

Old Mar 28th 2001, 6:40 am
Just Joined

sess is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally got my K-1 visa today form the London embassy.
The whole expereince was a lot easier than I had expected. I had the medical first(8am) which was basically a blood test and chest Xray-- the bit with the doctor lasted 3 minutes most of which was discussing vacinations.( for all of you scared of needles the bloodsucking nurse was pretty gentle!!)It doesn't seem to matter what order you get to the doctors office in -- They saw the families first then the men and then the women. It was mental in there as around 100 people must have been schedualed for medicals over the course of the morning.
I got to the embassy at about 10:45.
They did a quick check of my paperwork--I volenteered all the evidence of our relationship and the originals for the affadafit of support but they didn't want either(you can bet if there was anything i didn't have that they would have wanted it)---Two of the people i met in the doctors office didnt' get their visas today as they had stuff missing form their affidafits and have to go back next week.
I was called for interview about 10 minutes laterand was asked where we met--(on the internet) and what we had talked about. When I told him just general chat in the beginning he was a little dissapointed and then spent the rest of my interview time relating how one couple he had interviewed fell in love as they both had an interest in Tombstones!!!--I coudn't top that for him
I was then told that everything was Ok and that I just had to wait for my blood test results. I went for a cuppa and returned at 12:15. I was lucky as i was first to be called and walked out of there a couple of minutes later with visa in handI just can't wait for next weds when i fly out to the U.S.
I would like to say a big thank you to all in this group who have given support and I would particuly like to thank Matt Udall as his help has been invaluble.
Sarah

Old Mar 28th 2001, 10:32 am
Andy M

Congratulations, Sarah!

As I have my visa interview on Monday there's something you might be able to clarify
for me: the appointment letter says to report to Dr Phelan's office at 8am, but gives
no time to report to the Embassy. Am I right in assuming that you just turn up at the
Embassy after finishing at the doc's?

Andy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 28th 2001, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

can you let me know what happens with your interview as well, my other half will be dealing with the interview portion and medical probably around may. He is coming here to visit during april, and we aren't planning to get married until August. Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 28th 2001, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

another though have you posted your K1 interview? experiences they would be helpful to others as well
http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html
Old Mar 28th 2001, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

would you be kind enough to post your timeline for the rest of the UK/US petitioners?
Thank you!
Old Mar 29th 2001, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Andy-- they dont' give you a time for your embassy interview and I suppose that is because they dont' know in what order and how quickly you will be seen at the Docs. It was chaotic there.
There is a notice in the Docs wainting room saying to procees straight to the embassy after your medical is complete.
It is about a 10 minute walk(a little longer if you need to get a coffe to go en route-- very necessary)
When you get to the embassy show your appointment letter to the security man and he will point you in the right direction.
Just a side note-- The toilet in the Doctors is something else-- kind of Alice in wonderland meets Star Trek!!!!!

Old Mar 29th 2001, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Oops-- forgot to give you all my timeline-- its a bit longwinded so here goes

10th Oct 2000--sent in Petition to TSC
20th Oct--1st NOA
13th Jan 2001--TSC send out RFE
21st Jan --we Receive RFE -- It requests all the info already sent which we later learn was lost by TSC!--Thanks guys
31st Jan--TSC Receive our returned info( took a while to get it all sorted as one of the thing they lost was my adit pics- Shawn had sent me the spare ones for use at my interview so those particular photos should qualify for air miles!)
21st Feb--- 2nd NOA
6th March-- Recieve packet 3 and return the same day.
March 19th-- Receive packet 4
March 28th -- Medical/ Interview and GET VISA !!!!!!!

Phew
Sarah

Ps will post interview experience to Kamya site in a day or so as i have benefited loads form reading what others have been through
Old Mar 30th 2001, 11:12 am
SNEETA145

congratulations,Sarah! My fiance got his visa on Feb 13, 2001 and he is on his way to
me on April 18th..we are getting married on May 19th.!! ) Wishing you all the best!
Anita and Alan