Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Got My Visa Approved!

Got My Visa Approved!

Old Apr 8th 2004, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Got My Visa Approved!

What a day! I just got home 10 mins ago and left like 26 hours ago LOL - as luck would have it, the girl who I shared my berth with on the sleeper to London was going to the Embassy too! We ended up chatting half the night and just split a cab - her appt was 8am and mine was 10.30 so I just had a few coffees and headed round at 9 (way too early I know) and waited in the big long line until about 11 when they called the 10.30 queue - they seemed to be running very behind today. Luckily thanks to posts here - I bought my courier bag as soon as I got there - I told other people in the queue too but they chose to ignore me and just headed on up to the waiting room and unfortunately people weren't being told and when they got close to the front of hte queue to hand your forms in they got sent back out to get it and had to go the back of the queue. I waited probably about 2 hours from when I handed my forms in and I don't think I've ever seen so many people crammed into the one room in my life - it got to the point there were people sitting on the floor everywhere and we were having to climb around them to get up there when they called your number to the booth.

I was pretty amazed - the lady said to me, how long have you been a legal secretary for - I answered - you're doing paralegal training, yes - I said yes, she looked at her screen and signed the form and said your visa has been approved and will be processed in 5 working days! I explained I am supposed to be leaving next Friday and she said unfortunately tomorrow and Monday don't count so I probably wont receive it until the beginning of the following week - so I'll just have to find somewhere for me & the cats to stay for a few days since the lady is moving into my house next Friday - and just rearrange some other stuff.

It was weird, I expected to be jumping up and down for joy but I was so bloody tired and cold - not to mention stressed out that I just collapsed in the bar back at Euston Station in a daze! I think the excitement will kick in tomorrow - don't think it's really sunk in yet - and my leaving party is tomorrow night!!!!

All in all, it wasn't the nicest experience I ever had - but certainly not that bad at all.

If I wasn't so bloody tired I would go and have another but I'll save that for tomorrow night and get some much needed instead!
Old Apr 8th 2004, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

muttymutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got My Visa Approved!

Originally posted by Lesley1020
What a day! I just got home 10 mins ago and left like 26 hours ago LOL - as luck would have it, the girl who I shared my berth with on the sleeper to London was going to the Embassy too! We ended up chatting half the night and just split a cab - her appt was 8am and mine was 10.30 so I just had a few coffees and headed round at 9 (way too early I know) and waited in the big long line until about 11 when they called the 10.30 queue - they seemed to be running very behind today. Luckily thanks to posts here - I bought my courier bag as soon as I got there - I told other people in the queue too but they chose to ignore me and just headed on up to the waiting room and unfortunately people weren't being told and when they got close to the front of hte queue to hand your forms in they got sent back out to get it and had to go the back of the queue. I waited probably about 2 hours from when I handed my forms in and I don't think I've ever seen so many people crammed into the one room in my life - it got to the point there were people sitting on the floor everywhere and we were having to climb around them to get up there when they called your number to the booth.

I was pretty amazed - the lady said to me, how long have you been a legal secretary for - I answered - you're doing paralegal training, yes - I said yes, she looked at her screen and signed the form and said your visa has been approved and will be processed in 5 working days! I explained I am supposed to be leaving next Friday and she said unfortunately tomorrow and Monday don't count so I probably wont receive it until the beginning of the following week - so I'll just have to find somewhere for me & the cats to stay for a few days since the lady is moving into my house next Friday - and just rearrange some other stuff.

It was weird, I expected to be jumping up and down for joy but I was so bloody tired and cold - not to mention stressed out that I just collapsed in the bar back at Euston Station in a daze! I think the excitement will kick in tomorrow - don't think it's really sunk in yet - and my leaving party is tomorrow night!!!!

All in all, it wasn't the nicest experience I ever had - but certainly not that bad at all.

If I wasn't so bloody tired I would go and have another but I'll save that for tomorrow night and get some much needed instead!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very jealous, hope everything goes well! Let me know what happens stateside, hopefully one day i'll be able to post the same message as you?