Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Got It!!!! Finally Got It!!!!

Got It!!!! Finally Got It!!!!

Old Mar 26th 2004, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got It!!!! Finally Got It!!!!

I just found out today that CIEE in Boston approved the training plan - and my DS2019 is currently winging its way across the Atlantic!

CAlled the Embassy helpline and was offered an appointment in London either 8th or Belfast 16th. As I am leaving on 17th I obviously took London but have to be there for 10.30 and I guess that means flying GLA - HEATHROW which ain't gonna be cheap but I will look into the other airlines anyway.

I am just SO EXCITED!!!! Sort of mixed emotions because my mum didn't take the news well and thinks I am being incredibly selfish but that is a whole other story!

I don't think it's actually sunk in yet - I am going 3 weeks tomorrow! :scared:
Old Mar 26th 2004, 3:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got It!!!! Finally Got It!!!!

Congratulations!
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:04 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Well done and congratulations!
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:05 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

thats fantastic - i had a pretty tumultous time with my visa application so I know how excited you must be after thinking it had all gone titsup...

fly from glasgow to luton on sleazyjet and get the train early the next morning

you should be able to get something dirt cheap from a flight perspective
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:10 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hooray!!! Been reading about your problems and I'm glad you got it sorted. Good luck from a fellow Scot
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Expat_Wannabe is on a distinguished road

Brilliant! I'm really chuffed for you Lesley! If you're ever in London, we'll have to meet for a drink!
Have a great weekend!
Jen
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:32 pm
British Trailer Trash

jaybob is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lesley1020
I just found out today that CIEE in Boston approved the training plan - and my DS2019 is currently winging its way across the Atlantic!

CAlled the Embassy helpline and was offered an appointment in London either 8th or Belfast 16th. As I am leaving on 17th I obviously took London but have to be there for 10.30 and I guess that means flying GLA - HEATHROW which ain't gonna be cheap but I will look into the other airlines anyway.

I am just SO EXCITED!!!! Sort of mixed emotions because my mum didn't take the news well and thinks I am being incredibly selfish but that is a whole other story!

I don't think it's actually sunk in yet - I am going 3 weeks tomorrow! :scared:
The cheapest my fiance found from GLA to LHR was for around £90 (return) on BMI. He took a late flight. He flew down on a Mon. night and returned on an evening on a Tues.

Congrats on your training plan approval!
Old Mar 26th 2004, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!!! Sooo glad for you. Have a great weekend..I know you will
Old Mar 27th 2004, 12:25 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Taffyles
Great news!!! Sooo glad for you. Have a great weekend..I know you will
Congratulations!
Old Mar 27th 2004, 4:29 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Well done -only learned of your situation the other day, glad you managed to turn it around so quickly. Congratulations.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Thanks everyone

It's nice to be able to share good news.

Haven't even started on the packing yet - I think the news is still sinking in - and although they tell me the embassy interview for the J1 is more or less a formality I have no idea what to expect.

I've had a mixed reaction from friends and family - well with regard to family I only really have my mum and she is young, and had lots of friends though the timing really sucked because she just found out she is going into hospital (but has to go to Leicester) for some surgery - and feels that I should have gave this up to go with her. And I guess I maybe am being selfish but there's a lot of history between us and I feel that I am making a decision for me for the first time but it certainly hasn't gone down very well, she's told me that she doesn't want anything to do with me if I go etc. I hope she'll come around but she can be very stubborn when she wants to be and she's already trying every emotional blackmail trick in the book - whether she's conscious of it or not.

Anyway, enuf moaning - I should be happy and I am - and off to get those boxes out and start with the packing and I'm gonna buy a laptop from Ebay for when I get there- I can't believe how cheap some of them are on there!!
Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:18 pm
abb
Forum Regular

abb is an unknown quantity at this point

I told you, don't give up hopes!! Well done
Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Angelahaye2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just been reading about the problems you had. I am glad that you have managed to sort it all out.

I have just become a new member to ths site. I am very interested in doing an internship in the USA for around 1 year to 18 months my question to you is If I was able to find a placement and it went well and was offered a full time perm position would I be able to take it or is there some ruling that would stop me

I'm finding it really difficult understanding the different visa - there are so many of them. I have a 5 year old child to take with me.

Thanks

and Well Done and Good luck!!
Old Mar 27th 2004, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

helenmaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thanks everyone

Originally posted by Lesley1020
It's nice to be able to share good news.

Haven't even started on the packing yet - I think the news is still sinking in - and although they tell me the embassy interview for the J1 is more or less a formality I have no idea what to expect.

I've had a mixed reaction from friends and family - well with regard to family I only really have my mum and she is young, and had lots of friends though the timing really sucked because she just found out she is going into hospital (but has to go to Leicester) for some surgery - and feels that I should have gave this up to go with her. And I guess I maybe am being selfish but there's a lot of history between us and I feel that I am making a decision for me for the first time but it certainly hasn't gone down very well, she's told me that she doesn't want anything to do with me if I go etc. I hope she'll come around but she can be very stubborn when she wants to be and she's already trying every emotional blackmail trick in the book - whether she's conscious of it or not.

Anyway, enuf moaning - I should be happy and I am - and off to get those boxes out and start with the packing and I'm gonna buy a laptop from Ebay for when I get there- I can't believe how cheap some of them are on there!!
Have been following your story - well done.

Have you considered waiting to buy a laptop until you get the the US? They are even cheaper here - even on EBay. You can also get new ones for around $700. Good luck with your journey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.