Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Goods to follow list? Do I present, or, the relocation company?

Goods to follow list? Do I present, or, the relocation company?

Old Jul 28th 2022, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Rainmaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goods to follow list? Do I present, or, the relocation company?

Hi All,

When I relocated to Canada, I presented as part of my landing a "Goods to Follow" list which was reviewed and stamped by border control. My "goods" did not arrive for another month or so, however, I provided the list at the point of landing.

In relocating to the US, am I to present a similar list as part of my landing? Or, is it merely the 3229 form which is to be completed and provided to the shipping/relocation company for them to present to border control and clear? I assumed it would be myself, however, in talking to the relocation company this morning, they stated that it is their responsibility, leaving me slightly confused.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!
Old Jul 28th 2022, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Goods to follow list? Do I present, or, the relocation company?

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Hi All,

When I relocated to Canada, I presented as part of my landing a "Goods to Follow" list which was reviewed and stamped by border control. My "goods" did not arrive for another month or so, however, I provided the list at the point of landing.

In relocating to the US, am I to present a similar list as part of my landing? Or, is it merely the 3229 form which is to be completed and provided to the shipping/relocation company for them to present to border control and clear? I assumed it would be myself, however, in talking to the relocation company this morning, they stated that it is their responsibility, leaving me slightly confused.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!
My apologies, it should be 3299 form, and not "3229" as I incorrectly listed previously.

Looking forward to your guidance.
Old Jul 28th 2022, 11:06 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Did this thread not help?

Moving to the US from Canada, what do I need to know? :s
Old Jul 29th 2022, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
hi Nutmegger,

hope all is well. Thank you for pointing this out, complete oversight on my part. It appears that I can fly out to the US and land without presenting the unaccompanied goods form/3299, and subsequently aim to complete it and leave in the hands of the shippers which saves me some valuable time pre the move.

thank you once again ever so much.
Old Jul 29th 2022, 2:01 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
hi Nutmegger,

hope all is well. Thank you for pointing this out, complete oversight on my part. It appears that I can fly out to the US and land without presenting the unaccompanied goods form/3299, and subsequently aim to complete it and leave in the hands of the shippers which saves me some valuable time pre the move.

thank you once again ever so much.

Glad that thread helped you. Good luck with the move!