Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Good, Bad and the Ugly

Good, Bad and the Ugly

Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:32 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good, Bad and the Ugly

The nice spring like warm weather has done several things

Good: started to see girls in mini-skirts, always a good sign summer is on its way

Bad: Saw my first two snakes of the season, means spring is on the way and soon they will be a daily occurence during mating season

Ugly: Miniskirts on women mean bare chested, overweight, middle aged men are out too.

Oh well, only a couple more months and then its hurricane season.

Patrick
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Expat_Wannabe is on a distinguished road

He he, think yourself lucky Patrick and cast your memories back to what happens in Britain when the sun comes out - all that pasty white flesh
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Snakes !! Yikes:scared:

Are there a lot of them in NC????

Just how poisonous are these critters???
Old Mar 5th 2004, 11:49 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Big Vern
Snakes !! Yikes:scared:

Are there a lot of them in NC????

Just how poisonous are these critters???
There are tonnes (tons) of snakes in NC, and there a few poisenous (copperheads and water mockasons spring to mind) but you have to remember they are more scared of us than we are of them. The two I saw where laying in the sun and as soon as the saw me coming darted off into some pampas grass.

Where I live seeing a snake is like seeing a deer (except when you hit a snake in your car its tends to cause less damage)

Patrick
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Patrick
There are tonnes (tons) of snakes in NC, and there a few poisenous (copperheads and water mockasons spring to mind) but you have to remember they are more scared of us than we are of them. The two I saw where laying in the sun and as soon as the saw me coming darted off into some pampas grass.

Where I live seeing a snake is like seeing a deer (except when you hit a snake in your car its tends to cause less damage)

Patrick
I'm petrified of snakes, next to my office is the Potomac River and around the woods and waterfront are Copperheads and Water Moccasins (otherwise known as Cottonmouths - because when they open their mouths they look exactly like that - apparently)
Both venomous.
I haven't seen any yet, but it wouldn't matter how venomous they are, it would be the heart attack that killed me, not the bite !
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:03 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Patrick.... put your shirt back on eh?
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:28 pm
Pagan Sex God

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
Patrick.... put your shirt back on eh?
i can still wear my miniskirt though!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good, Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by Patrick
The nice spring like warm weather has done several things

Good: started to see girls in mini-skirts, always a good sign summer is on its way

Bad: Saw my first two snakes of the season, means spring is on the way and soon they will be a daily occurence during mating season

Ugly: Miniskirts on women mean bare chested, overweight, middle aged men are out too.

Oh well, only a couple more months and then its hurricane season.

Patrick
Good: Bare chested men with a nice six pack

Ugly: Miniskirts on seriously overweight women
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 207lonsdale
Good: Bare chested men with a nice six pack

Ugly: Miniskirts on seriously overweight women

What about vice versa?
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
What about vice versa?
Well .... bare chested women with a nice six pack is okay, BUT seriously overweight men in miniskirts ... I don't think so!!:scared:
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 207lonsdale
Well .... bare chested women with a nice six pack is okay, BUT seriously overweight men in miniskirts ... I don't think so!!:scared:
What, you don't like watching the Highland games then?
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:55 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

The only people in VA who can get away with a mini skirt are 13 and have no hips to sit it on....ooooo, miaow!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:00 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen my first Rattle Snake of the season yet.

Come to mention it, I have still yet to see a Black Widow spider since I've been here.

Thinking about putting on my string vest, grey shorts, wellies and hankie on me head and giving the US a taste of British sunbathing
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:05 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rincewind

Come to mention it, I have still yet to see a Black Widow spider since I've been here.

Thinking about putting on my string vest, grey shorts, wellies and hankie on me head and giving the US a taste of British sunbathing
Watch out about wearing that hankie on your head. Round your neck of the woods, you might be mistaken as a KKK advocate!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by rincewind

You forgot the rolled up copy of the Sun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.