Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Going through passprt control in UK - question

Going through passprt control in UK - question

Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going through passprt control in UK - question

I'm planning my first trip back since I moved here in 2003. My husband might not be able to go so I will be taking my daughter (UKC) and son (USC only).

My question is probably obvious but just in case there is an easier solution, I thought I'd ask: when we arrive & get to the short queues for UK passort control & the long queues for non-UK, do we have to take the long way for his passprt checks or will my son be allowed through the UK control with me as his guardian?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:22 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going through passprt control in UK - question

Originally Posted by danfan
I'm planning my first trip back since I moved here in 2003. My husband might not be able to go so I will be taking my daughter (UKC) and son (USC only).

My question is probably obvious but just in case there is an easier solution, I thought I'd ask: when we arrive & get to the short queues for UK passort control & the long queues for non-UK, do we have to take the long way for his passprt checks or will my son be allowed through the UK control with me as his guardian?
I'm sure you're son will be allowed through the UKC line!

However, why don't you get him a UK passport? I think that would be a really smart thing to do - not just that, but actually registering the birth at the UK embassy and getting him a UK-style birth certificate.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I'm sure you're son will be allowed through the UKC line!

However, why don't you get him a UK passport? I think that would be a really smart thing to do - not just that, but actually registering the birth at the UK embassy and getting him a UK-style birth certificate.
No, sorry I didn't expain properly; he's not a UKC, he was born here & is not my birth-son. Probably stuck in the long queues, huh?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:35 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Been here since 2003 and not yet learned to act like an American? Throw off those proper, orderly British ways and head straight for the short queue! What's the worst they can do to you?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:44 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

No, sorry I didn't expain properly; he's not a UKC, he was born here & is not my birth-son. Probably stuck in the long queues, huh?
Nah - you use the short queue!!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Been here since 2003 and not yet learned to act like an American? Throw off those proper, orderly British ways and head straight for the short queue! What's the worst they can do to you?
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:36 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
The non-UK passport line is really not that long unless you deplane after a flight from Africa or Asia. I usually just sit toward the front of the plane and walk at a brisk pace. I frequently go straight through to an agent without waiting in line. I've never been held up longer than my baggage
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:44 am

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the same apply if you go through as a family and everyone is a UKC except for a spouse who is a USC? If she does use the short line do you need to say anything special in order to get her in there?

Bit of a retarded question to some, but we've never done this before now.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lycanthrop
Does the same apply if you go through as a family and everyone is a UKC except for a spouse who is a USC? If she does use the short line do you need to say anything special in order to get her in there?

Bit of a retarded question to some, but we've never done this before now.
Just asked my gf who works for immigration!! She said kids with a parent as a UK citizen even if they are step kids should go thru the queue with parent ... this case UK queue. Two adults one adult UK the other USC they have to seperate and go thru their respective queues. She said make sure u have something on you tho if ur not the birth mother that states u have guardianship so that they will know u didnt nick him (her words not mine)!!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Deedee13
Just asked my gf who works for immigration!! She said kids with a parent as a UK citizen even if they are step kids should go thru the queue with parent ... this case UK queue. Two adults one adult UK the other USC they have to seperate and go thru their respective queues. She said make sure u have something on you tho if ur not the birth mother that states u have guardianship so that they will know u didnt nick him (her words not mine)!!!!!
Well that sucks......

I'm their natural Father and their natural Mother is the USC. The kids and I are all UKC's. Thanks for asking your GF..... ........So, even tho we are travelling as a family.....no step kids....no cat.......no budgie, my OH will have to go through her own line and I (along with our kids) will need a letter from her stating that I did not steal my own sons........right?

Thanks a lot BTW........
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Well that sucks......

I'm their natural Father and their natural Mother is the USC. The kids and I are all UKC's. Thanks for asking your GF..... ........So, even tho we are travelling as a family.....no step kids....no cat.......no budgie, my OH will have to go through her own line and I (along with our kids) will need a letter from her stating that I did not steal my own sons........right?

Thanks a lot BTW........
only if ur not the "birth" parent! !!!! if ur the natural parent its not an issue!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:48 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Well that sucks......

Thanks a lot BTW........
Just curious--isn't that the same procedure you follow when coming to the US (or do you have a GCard?).
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

No, sorry I didn't expain properly; he's not a UKC, he was born here & is not my birth-son.
Have you legally adopted him? If so, you might be able to apply for him to be registered as a British citizen - but the application for citizenship would need to be made before age 18.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Just curious--isn't that the same procedure you follow when coming to the US (or do you have a GCard?).
No, I'm dual (funny that way........)

Haven't been out the country since WW1
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Deedee13
only if ur not the "birth" parent! !!!! if ur the natural parent its not an issue!
What? They just ask them do they.....or is the name enough.....which doesn't necc prove birth birth Father......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.