British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Going to a game...What to expect: Part2 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/going-game-what-expect-part2-335130/)

Schnorbitz Nov 2nd 2005 9:59 pm

Going to a game...What to expect: Part2

After my (rather drunken) introduction into American Football at the weekend tonight I get to go see The Denver Nuggets take on the LA Lakers in the NBA. Any red hot tips on how to guarantee enjoyment? Form an orderly line....

HoosierDaddy Nov 2nd 2005 10:19 pm

Re: Going to a game...What to expect: Part2

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
After my (rather drunken) introduction into American Football at the weekend tonight I get to go see The Denver Nuggets take on the LA Lakers in the NBA. Any red hot tips on how to guarantee enjoyment? Form an orderly line....

Sit courtside and trade insults with the opposing players, ala Spike Lee. Remind Kobe what a naughty boy he was when he was in Colorado before.

Rushman Nov 2nd 2005 11:26 pm

After my (rather drunken) introduction into American Football at the weekend tonight I get to go see The Denver Nuggets take on the LA Lakers in the NBA. Any red hot tips on how to guarantee enjoyment?

Jesus!! You are a glutton for punishment aren't ya?

psb182 Nov 2nd 2005 11:28 pm

just look at the cheerleaders....the NBA is going into the toilet ;)

Rushman Nov 2nd 2005 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by psb182
just look at the cheerleaders....the NBA is going into the toilet ;)

Going???

gruffbrown Nov 2nd 2005 11:37 pm

I'm off to see my first Ice Hockey match this weekend, Philadelphia Flyers v Atlanta Thrashers...... I'll let you now. :D

psb182 Nov 2nd 2005 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I'm off to see my first Ice Hockey match this weekend, Philadelphia Flyers v Atlanta Thrashers...... I'll let you now. :D

Hockey is brilliant to watch live.....I don't care for it on TV that much but live it really is a great night out.....you will have a great time I am sure

Schnorbitz Nov 2nd 2005 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by rushman
Jesus!! You are a glutton for punishment aren't ya?

No, just don't like to turn down a freebie. Another corporate schmooze? Aw g'wan then!! ;)

Rushman Nov 2nd 2005 11:47 pm

No, just don't like to turn down a freebie. Another corporate schmooze? Aw g'wan then!! ;)

Fair play...I could suffer it for the freebie value too I suppose.