Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

going from cold climate to hot climate

Wikiposts

going from cold climate to hot climate

Old May 13th 2006, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

drew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to all
Talking Re: going from cold climate to hot climate

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
My first summer here : "Big deal the car doesn't have AC..i'll just wind the windows down?"
Later that summer : "I can't breathe and my arse has welded to the seat..call an ambulance"

hahahahah!
Old May 13th 2006, 5:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: going from cold climate to hot climate

Originally Posted by st326
Hot filling? What's this?

(No smutty remarks please, you lot!)
You know your a red neck when your doing it
Old May 15th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: going from cold climate to hot climate

Totally agree with you Giantaxe. We live in the Tri-Valley area and it does get bleedin' hot, but as others have said it is thankfully a dry heat. Fortunately we have AC in the house when the need arises. I usually find 78 or above (indoors, I hasten to add) is too warm for me and then we switch on the AC. Hasn't happened yet this year, but this past week we got close to it.

On another note, it seems there are a few of us Devonians floating around on this site - and a few in the Bay Area too. I was back there on holiday for Easter and it was grand to see the old place again. Managed to get a couple of trips in to the beach (Bigbury and Torquay). But I didn't get to make my annual pilgrimage to Cap'n Jaspers this year - I'll have to make up for it next year!

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
That depends where you live in the Bay Area. If you go east of the Oakland hills you will find it very hot (though not quite as hot as Sacto) in the summer and fall. You really need to live around the Bay itself or preferably in SF if you want cool weather. On hot summer days there can be a 30 degree difference in temperature between SF and Contra Costa county - a distance of about 25 miles.

Sacto, imo, is brutal in the summer and has few redeeming features except for a cool railroad museum