Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gift or celebration idea for New US Citizen?

Gift or celebration idea for New US Citizen?

Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gift or celebration idea for New US Citizen?

Originally Posted by Patrick
Here are the perfect gifts!
I don't want my guy wrapped in a flag.....
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:20 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's Jewish
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:33 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Ah! Nice try but she's actually Australian!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:38 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
Here are the perfect gifts!

Oooh....the bikini might work. She's actually a 'fit model'; all the size 8 clothes in the Gap, Banana Republic, American Eagle etc. are made to fit her actual size and then they run up hundreds of thousands of them in the Far East.

I wonder where you get them?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 1:08 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Oooh....the bikini might work. She's actually a 'fit model'; all the size 8 clothes in the Gap, Banana Republic, American Eagle etc. are made to fit her actual size and then they run up hundreds of thousands of them in the Far East.

you said it....Gap, B. Republic etc...but pls... good idea yeah, but not ones with the stars 'n stripes on it...oh so naff :scared: P.S.
much preferred Patrick's our Sex God's ideas
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Oooh....the might work. She's actually a 'fit '; all the size 8 clothes in the Gap, Banana Republic, American Eagle etc. are made to fit her actual size and then they run up hundreds of thousands of them in the Far East.

Any chance of an introduction??
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by rushman
Any chance of an introduction??
Well.....looking at your tag line what could you possibly offer her?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:05 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Well.....looking at your tag line what could you possibly offer her?
I can lick my eyebrows
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:40 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I have one of those!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Too right about Newark....scary place and a place you venture to only if you must.

The letter from the INS/BCIS on her noticeboard does seem to imply that the test and oath ceremony take place on the same day and she thought so too.

I'll have to look at the US Immigration board to check for sure.....

Any ideas anyone? (I don't think she would want a plastic model of the Statue of Liberty somehow...)
NJ, seems to be one of the few places that Interview & Oath Ceremony can be on same day. The other plus with NJ, is lots of people complete the whole deal in 3 -5 months.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:18 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

You could help her file a lawsuit against someone
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
From what I have picked up here, I thought the test and oath were on different days too.

Newark is one of the very few that do it the same day. Hope all is well with her security clearance and that she is approved without having to wait for clearance.

For my husband, I had a flag flown over the US Capitol Building in DC and they mailed it to me with a certificate stating where, when and for whom it was flown. I then encased it in a flag shadow box for display. It was the perfect gift. The cost was $25 through my congressional rep.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Too right about Newark....scary place and a place you venture to only if you must.

The letter from the INS/BCIS on her noticeboard does seem to imply that the test and oath ceremony take place on the same day and she thought so too.

I'll have to look at the US Immigration board to check for sure.....

Any ideas anyone? (I don't think she would want a plastic model of the Statue of Liberty somehow...)
that sounds right. I have heard it on this board several times before that the Newark office can do test and oath together. Even the office I've been to (Atlanta) does some test and oaths together for some of the interviewees if they are finished early enough in the day.