Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Getting married in Vegas..

Getting married in Vegas..

Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting married in Vegas..

Well after 10 years and 2 kids my sisters boyfriend is finally making an honest women of her and keeping in touch with their Chav side they want to do it in Vegas in August when they come to visit us.
As my family are retarded northerners with no clue on how to work these new fangled computer things, she has no way of researching this on the internet so has asked me to do it.
Anyone done it, been to one, recommend a place etc etc (preferably with Elvis involved )..

Thanks..
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Getting married in Vegas..

Originally Posted by woodsey
Well after 10 years and 2 kids my sisters boyfriend is finally making an honest women of her and keeping in touch with their Chav side they want to do it in Vegas in August when they come to visit us.
As my family are retarded northerners with no clue on how to work these new fangled computer things, she has no way of researching this on the internet so has asked me to do it.
Anyone done it, been to one, recommend a place etc etc (preferably with Elvis involved )..

Thanks..
Sorry, I'm a southerner, we go in for rather exclusive sophisticated affairs. Afraid I can't help and would have no idea how to arrange a tacky chav type northern pikey do.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Sorry, I'm a southerner, we go in for rather exclusive sophisticated affairs. Afraid I can't help and would have no idea how to arrange a tacky chav type northern pikey do.
piss off cockney wanker..
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:31 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

piss off cockney wanker..
fack orf
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

http://vegas.com/weddings/?vc1=1&vc2=txtl_txt_wdng_4

Marriage License Application
Application: A man and woman who are unrelated and are both at least 18 years old may be issued a marriage license in Clark County. Proof of age may be required. Both must appear at the Marriage License Bureau in the County Courthouse, at 200 S. 3rd Street, 1st floor.

Blood test, waiting periods: In Clark County, blood tests are not required and there is no waiting period.

Fees: $55.00 for a license.

Consent: People ages of 16 and 17 may marry if consent is given in person at time of application by either parent or legal guardian. A certified copy of the birth certificate may be required. Legal guardian must have court order showing proof of legal guardianship. All people giving consent must have proof of identity. Consent is given by notarized affidavit of consent, which must be written in English and contains the birth date of the minor and must state the relationship of person giving consent.

Order of Court for people under age 16: A person less than 16 years of age may marry if either parent or legal guardian files an action, pays all court fees and presents a court order, from a Nevada State Court.

Requirements for divorced people marrying: To obtain a marriage license and have a legal marriage divorces must be final in the state where granted. The date of the final decree and city and state where granted are required.

International marriage information: Couples from outside the United States can be married in Las Vegas. Most countries will want a certified copy of your marriage certificate and an Apostille from the Nevada Secretary of State. The marriage certificate costs $10 and the Apostille costs $20. The Nevada Secretary of State can send the Apostille and certified marriage certificate copy directly to your government for you.

All marriage certificates issued in the state of Nevada must be used within this state.

Clark County Marriage Bureau
200 S. 3rd Street, 1st floor
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Telephone: (702) 671-0600
FAX: (702) 455-4929
Office Hours: Mon. - Thurs., 8 a.m. to midnight
Fri. 8 a.m. - Sunday midnight
Holidays: Open 24 hours
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:33 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks..
Me and my ball and chain were planning on doing it in Vegas in 2003, so we researchd it quite a bit, eventually we decided against it after talking to two other women who'd done it and heard their tales of Vegas being one giant retirement home and the description of their conveyer-belt weddings with plastic bouquets and 2 minute ceremonies being about as enjoyable and glam as a Blackburn bingo hall. Plus I was aurprised at how expensive they turned into once you added it all up.
Anyway....if she's interested have a butchers at www.vegasweddings4u.com
One of the girls did say she thought this hotel was the best thing about the whole experience, its the one with the Venitian Canal in the middle of it. http://www.venetian.com/shoppe/index.cfm
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:38 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks..

I've been to 2 Las Vegas/Elvis weddings;
My roomate got married to a Scottish girl in 'The wee kirk o' the heather' some years ago;

http://www.weekirk.com/

Made famous in the LA Mark & Brian radio show some years ago ( you probably have no idea what I'm on about?)
Can't remember where exactly the other one was but it was very similar. If I remember blood tests are important???????
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Elsie the maid did the vegas wedding...

but $55 for a license? blimey..bit pricey that ain't it? $12 over here
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

You can do some very classy weddings these days in Vegas. Most of the hotels have amazing chapels. But of course, if Elvis is what you want, or even a drive thru wedding, you're also catered for. The Little White Chapel is the most famous
Old Apr 29th 2006, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks guys, the Venetian looks fab..I wonder if they do renewal of vows..hmmmm..
Old Apr 29th 2006, 2:15 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Elsie the maid did the vegas wedding...
but $55 for a license? blimey..bit pricey that ain't it? $12 over here
$93 here in Florida ...and only cash is accepted ...
Old Apr 29th 2006, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys, the Venetian looks fab..I wonder if they do renewal of vows..hmmmm..

My friends got married at the Bellagio on the patio by the fountains - superb - plus they have an inside chapel - they give you the limo to go and get the license!

True tack though has to be the little white chapel north LV Bouelvard - bit cheaper!!
Old Apr 29th 2006, 2:18 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

woodsey, kitschy as hell.....LOVE IT!!....HA!HA!

Ray, they require a deposit up front, in case the snowbirds keel over before they're through........
Old Apr 29th 2006, 2:21 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
International marriage information: Couples from outside the United States can be married in Las Vegas. Most countries will want a certified copy of your marriage certificate and an Apostille from the Nevada Secretary of State. The marriage certificate costs $10 and the Apostille costs $20. The Nevada Secretary of State can send the Apostille and certified marriage certificate copy directly to your government for you.

Now that's SERVICE!
Old Apr 29th 2006, 2:26 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure they'll take your money any way they can.............. maybe I'm just cynical?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.