Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Getting M&S Tea Cakes in the USA (not UK mail order)

Wikiposts

Getting M&S Tea Cakes in the USA (not UK mail order)

Old Sep 25th 2010, 6:10 am
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all
Default Getting M&S Tea Cakes in the USA (not UK mail order)

Does anyone know where I can get Marks & Spencer Tea Cakes & M&S Belgian Chocolate covered American Peanuts in the USA - store or online?
(Two things from the UK that I genuinely miss)

I have spent 45 minutes traipsing through a bunch of British food threads on this site and looked through the online retailers that some have listed, but I found none that sell these foods that are in the USA.

I don't want to order from the UK as delivery costs are quite high and so I was hoping there is someone here in the US that sell these online.

M&S online do deliver directly from the UK, but it costs £15 and I was hoping it would be cheaper elsewhere.

I am in NC.

Last edited by Volt61; Sep 25th 2010 at 6:12 am.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:44 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting M&S Tea Cakes in the USA (not UK mail order)

This place has M&S food:

http://www.britsuperstore.com/index.html

I don't know what their shipping rates are, but they ship worldwide.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 6:06 pm
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by avanutria
This place has M&S food:

http://www.britsuperstore.com/index.html

I don't know what their shipping rates are, but they ship worldwide.
Thank you but I didn't want UK mail order.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

Picnic is an unknown quantity at this point

M&S don't have stores in the US so you're out of luck.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:41 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

try these guys

http://www.goodwoods.com/
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

MsGiraffe will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Do you know anyone in the UK or bound to visit the US from the UK soon who could bring it over/ post it to you? That would probably be the easiest way.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Volt61
M&S Belgian Chocolate covered American Peanuts .
Ooh - why did you have to remind me

Possibly you could try baking a tea cake, quite a few good cooks on here who might have a recipe.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 2:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Ooh - why did you have to remind me
Sorry!

I suppose the yummiest things are the ones that come to mind when deprived of several old indulgences.

I hope these peanuts aren't sent to the UK from the US, coated with Belgian chocolate and then shipped back to consumers in the US!!
Old Sep 30th 2010, 2:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MsGiraffe
Hi,

Do you know anyone in the UK or bound to visit the US from the UK soon who could bring it over/ post it to you? That would probably be the easiest way.
Nope, but yes that's one temporary solution.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 2:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you have family in the UK or at least good friends who can make monthly shipments to you of the sweets you miss?
Old Sep 30th 2010, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry!

I suppose the yummiest things are the ones that come to mind when deprived of several old indulgences.

I hope these peanuts aren't sent to the UK from the US, coated with Belgian chocolate and then shipped back to consumers in the US!!

I loved their flapjacks as well. I assumed that was an American thing, but they don't seem to have them here.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 7:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rete
Don't you have family in the UK or at least good friends who can make monthly shipments to you of the sweets you miss?
Yes, but not on speaking terms so a grocery order unlikely to be fulfilled.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 7:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but not on speaking terms so a grocery order unlikely to be fulfilled.
That's called 'burnt all your bridges'.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 8:57 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's called 'burnt all your bridges'.
Or your cakes, for sure!
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:20 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

There are always expat Americans in the UK hankering for proper Oreos and stuff. Maybe you can set up an exchange program with someone on UKYankee?