Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

George Galloway goes to Washington

George Galloway goes to Washington

Old May 17th 2005, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all
Default George Galloway goes to Washington

Hi,

Just watched George Galloway in front of the Senate subcommittee in Washington deny any involvement in the Food-For-Oil program. He was great. This is the best thing I've seen on TV for ages. He totally slayed them. They were squirming. I bet they now regret ever inviting him over to answer questions.

He did his homewwork and raised many valid points. It should make for interesting news casts for the rest of the day. I can't wait to hear all the different responses. The analysts are gonna love this one.

One thing it did show was the different way politicians present themselves on both sides of the Atlantic.

Good stuff

Sue
Old May 17th 2005, 6:25 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: George Galloway goes to Washington

Twas funny where he compared his meetings with Saddam, to those of Rumsfeld
Old May 17th 2005, 6:35 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

effing magic

Available here.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

It's made the main page of CNN.com too. I just watched the BBC feed of it, he made them look a bit stupid in my opinion.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:54 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Top stuff. Took a lot of nerve to go there and face them. Much respect.

"I met with Saddam Hussein twice, exactly as many times as Donald Rumsfeld has met with him."

"The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and give him maps,"

Last edited by tony_2003; May 17th 2005 at 6:57 pm.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

made my day- I watched it earlier on CNN... Excellent stuff! wonder how they like politics parliamentary style Not a big fan of Galloway normally but standing ovation to him for this one.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Taffyles
made my day- I watched it earlier on CNN... Excellent stuff! wonder how they like politics parliamentary style Not a big fan of Galloway normally but standing ovation to him for this one.

George Galloway 1 -0 George Bush

Top result !
Old May 17th 2005, 8:18 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Now why can't the Democrats have people like him who take the Republicans to task? If they had a few people like him, they'd have won the last election by a landslide.
Old May 17th 2005, 8:31 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Top stuff. Took a lot of nerve to go there and face them. Much respect.

"I met with Saddam Hussein twice, exactly as many times as Donald Rumsfeld has met with him."

"The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and give him maps,"

"I met [Saddam] to try and persuade him to allow U.N. weapons inspectors back in the country, a rather better use of the meetings than your own secretary of defense,"

Awwww thats gotta hurt
Old May 17th 2005, 8:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Daily Show should be funny tonight
Old May 17th 2005, 9:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

just watching the whole thing now...don't really like the guy, but have to hand it to him, it's ******* hilarious
Old May 17th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

This is awesome!! I'm not even half way through it yet... I don't particularly like the guy, but he ripped them to pieces there!

I don't think they are used to having people destroy their argument quite like that.
Old May 17th 2005, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Very impressive! I'm usually a bit wary of GG, but on this showing I'd always want him on my side!! Great stuff.
Old May 17th 2005, 11:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I'm surprised by how little coverage on the news it has gotten, and when it was on, they were on the angle of he's the dodgy one kicked out of labour and how he's lying and how that will bite him later...
Old May 17th 2005, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
I'm surprised by how little coverage on the news it has gotten, and when it was on, they were on the angle of he's the dodgy one kicked out of labour and how he's lying and how that will bite him later...

Well, they would.....wouldn't they!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.