Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

George Best's funeral

Wikiposts

George Best's funeral

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:15 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: George Best's funeral

Originally Posted by lionheart
Thanks, I know exactly where that is. I was trying to spot my family on the Cregagh Rd at 2AM PST. Couldn't see them.
When I was back home I used to work for a mate who ran a courier firm to get some pocket money.
East Belfast was my "route" - I've delivered to burren way many's a time.

Also thought the photo on the bbc site of some random bloke and his young son in a suit and black tie was extremely powerful.
Def brought a tear to my eye.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:31 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
When I was back home I used to work for a mate who ran a courier firm to get some pocket money.
East Belfast was my "route" - I've delivered to burren way many's a time.

Also thought the photo on the bbc site of some random bloke and his young son in a suit and black tie was extremely powerful.
Def brought a tear to my eye.

My Mom grew up on Grillagh Way ( spelling??) I remember visting when I was a kid and thinking how wierd that the street was named after a big ape ( gorilla)
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:38 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

My Mom grew up on Grillagh Way ( spelling??) I remember visting when I was a kid and thinking how wierd that the street was named after a big ape ( gorilla)
Think that's just off south bank, which is kind of forms a wishbone shape with north bank (strangely enough).
Bestie's home was just off north bank.

Some great tributes on bbc website by the way. Gordon strachan speaks at the end of a clip that starts with steve bruce, and he really hits the nail on the head.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:44 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Think that's just off south bank, which is kind of forms a wishbone shape with north bank (strangely enough).
Bestie's home was just off north bank.

Some great tributes on bbc website by the way. Gordon strachan speaks at the end of a clip that starts with steve bruce, and he really hits the nail on the head.
Probably, but the whole estate is tiny especially by American standards. Got any links?
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:55 pm
Thinking about it

Probably, but the whole estate is tiny especially by American standards. Got any links?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/n...nd/4493898.stm

I guess you mean to the tributes/funeral and not the estate !!

Click on the link above and then video on the right hand side: tributes to george best.
The world of football pays tribute has the strachan bit in it.
Also a link to the funeral at the bottom of the video window.
Bits with his son are very powerful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ral/html/1.stm
Picture 2 has the "wishbone"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...est/html/1.stm
Picture 5 is the bloke and his son in suits.

Make sure you have the tissues at the ready.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/n...nd/4493898.stm

I guess you mean to the tributes/funeral and not the estate !!

Click on the link above and then video on the right hand side: tributes to george best.
The world of football pays tribute has the strachan bit in it.
Also a link to the funeral at the bottom of the video window.
Bits with his son are very powerful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ral/html/1.stm
Picture 2 has the "wishbone"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...est/html/1.stm
Picture 5 is the bloke and his son in suits.

Make sure you have the tissues at the ready.

Thanks for posting that. It was very moving.

Georgie, my first pin-up guy, RIP