Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

General hello and question on qualifications

General hello and question on qualifications

Old Jun 28th 2006, 11:31 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: General hello and question on qualifications

....I am going back to the UK next year to live and I am having to do the same thing with my Master's degree (US degree in psychology) in the UK.

Hello, I'm the bloke that JAJ posted a link to t'other day.

I'm still following up on his link. Do you know of any Qual. coverter services that work US to UK ??

Good luck ewith your move.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight
Yes, I was there a few weeks back (first 2 weeks of June), that was the hotest I have had it before. My partner is from the country, she has an established career where she is and is very close to her family. I said I was willing to move there as my ties to home were a lot weaker than hers are. For the same reasons I am happy to go to MS rather than expect her to move away to an urban environment. In time maybe, but for the forseable future I am aiming for small-town Mississippi to be my home.

Thanks for the advice on my qualifications.
Best of luck to you. When are you thinking of coming over? I was 23 when I came here (38 now). Let me know if I can be of any help.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 2:47 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
....I am going back to the UK next year to live and I am having to do the same thing with my Master's degree (US degree in psychology) in the UK.

Hello, I'm the bloke that JAJ posted a link to t'other day.

I'm still following up on his link. Do you know of any Qual. coverter services that work US to UK ??

Try NARIC: http://www.naric.co.uk

But if you are in psychology, also look at the BPS website: http://www.bps.org.uk
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:22 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simongb
Best of luck to you. When are you thinking of coming over? I was 23 when I came here (38 now). Let me know if I can be of any help.
We're going to file I-129F after Christmas, and then hopefully get everything done and ready for not long after I finish my degree (September-October), just before I turn 25. This forum is turning out to be very useful in both helping me with information I will eventually need in the forms side of things, and also with the culture side of this.

I appreciate the offer of help should we need it, thank you.

Adam.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: General hello and question on qualifications

Originally Posted by JAJ
Try NARIC: http://www.naric.co.uk

But if you are in psychology, also look at the BPS website: http://www.bps.org.uk
Thanks much JAJ. I've been try to find some way of getting an accurate idea of equiv. UK degree for some time. NARIC looks like they have a good service.
I take it they are well known by industry in the UK ?