Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

General Halloween thread 2007

General Halloween thread 2007

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:16 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Talking General Halloween thread 2007

So what's your opinion on Halloween here in the USA do you do anything special on the 31st!

Is it over rated here as we don't seem to have so much build up or excitment in the UK my street is full off halloween effects and looks great at night time.

Any special recipes for the day.
Special potions ie adult or even kids drinks for the night.

So do you particpate or shut the door and bolt it until the next day lol...
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Hobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really niceHobnob is just really nice
Default Re: General Halloween thread 2007

We live way out in the sticks so don`t get many trick or treaters coming to the door or maybe its the Great Dane peering out the window..I dunno.
I do like to see all the little kiddies dressed up in there costumes and having fun tho..
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I love Halloween here, it's much more fun than where we lived back home. We decorate the outside of our house, not completely over the top but with some pumpkins and a few lights and stuff.

There are a ton of kids in our subdivision so we have lots of trick or treaters this year our township has designated the 25th for trick or treat night and it's to take place between 6pm and 8pm. I don't like it being on a night other than the 31st and that it is so organised.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

we went over to Salem on Saturday...it was pretty mad out there, though I'd recommend going earlier in the month, way to busy to really do the walking tours because you can't hear anything...but it was fun...and mad when the Red Sox game started
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:51 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
we went over to Salem on Saturday...it was pretty mad out there, though I'd recommend going earlier in the month, way to busy to really do the walking tours because you can't hear anything...but it was fun...and mad when the Red Sox game started
I have always wanted to go there lucky you.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I have always wanted to go there lucky you.
It's a prime crunt of a city to drive in to as it's not off the interstate...and parking was a right mare....but still, worth the hassle, was a lot of fun, the nice weather helped
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:57 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
So what's your opinion on Halloween here in the USA do you do anything special on the 31st!

lol...
Turn off all the lights and listen to Verdi.........
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to all

i may have to make a trip to party in Hell Michigan
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

I will be going to a bonfire at a neighbourhood park on the 31st. It's an annual tradition and the local kids get to show off their costumes for longer. To me it makes up for no November 5th.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

I recommend the annual Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular sponsored by Citizens Bank which will be held in Pawtucket, Rhode Island this year:
http://www.pawsox.com/events/jack-o-lantern/

I went to the event a previous year when it was at the zoo in Providence, RI. It features the most incredible pumpkins http://www.flickr.com/photos/jps246/, and there are literally hundreds of the things!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a USC so this thread wasn't directed to me. I don't do anything for Halloween other than have candy ready for any trick or treaters and a camera to take photos and if they are known to me will print out their pix for them to have.

My youngest daughter (age 36) and her hubby get dressed up for the evening to hand out their treats and on the weekend closest to the day, they will have a party for their friends, in costume, and then they will trek down to the Music Hall for a showing of The rocky Horror Picture Show.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

Don't you do that every night?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:34 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
And here I was thinking Halloween would be your big Holiday.

What with being "Queen of the Night " and all.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:51 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Its gay, gay, gay and gay!

Oh did I mention that I think it is......................GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm a USC so this thread wasn't directed to me. I don't do anything for Halloween other than have candy ready for any trick or treaters and a camera to take photos and if they are known to me will print out their pix for them to have.

My youngest daughter (age 36) and her hubby get dressed up for the evening to hand out their treats and on the weekend closest to the day, they will have a party for their friends, in costume, and then they will trek down to the Music Hall for a showing of The rocky Horror Picture Show.
Oh Rete we me us lol would never leave you or any other American out it should have been more of a general question open to anyone... Sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.