GC Here

Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:29 pm
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute
Default GC Here

Yeeehhaaawww

We got acceptance of our Green Cards last week, and mine and hubbys came in the mail yesterday.

However, the girls only got a welcome letter. Do kids not get a GC until they are older

I have read somewhere that alot of you copy your card and carry the copy around with you. Is this ok to do??
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GC Here

Originally Posted by sambuc
I have read somewhere that alot of you copy your card and carry the copy around with you. Is this ok to do??
The law requires you to carry the card all the time ...
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yeeehhaaawww

We got acceptance of our Green Cards last week, and mine and hubbys came in the mail yesterday.

However, the girls only got a welcome letter. Do kids not get a GC until they are older

No. Make the copy, leave it in a safe place and carry your green card at all times.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
No. Make the copy, leave it in a safe place and carry your green card at all times.
Like we all do ......

yere right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Does anyone know the 'penalty', as I am sure there is one, for being 'caught' without the GC by the police or any other official body?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:14 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
Does anyone know the 'penalty', as I am sure there is one, for being 'caught' without the GC by the police or any other official body?
Guantanamo Bay for re-education .............
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:58 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Not carrying your greencard is a misdemeanor....I don't know who would ask to see it in daily life...a cop can't ask to see it...its racial profiling.....
I would always carry it if out of town or State....if nothing else write down the number and carry it with you....don't make anything like a good copy to carry it could be taken as a fake and get you into some trouble...
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: GC Here

Originally Posted by krizzy
Not carrying your greencard is a misdemeanor....I don't know who would ask to see it in daily life...a cop can't ask to see it...its racial profiling.....
I would always carry it if out of town or State....if nothing else write down the number and carry it with you....don't make anything like a good copy to carry it could be taken as a fake and get you into some trouble...
How is having a GC racial profiling? Does the GC contain information about ethnicity?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:22 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Yeeehhaaawww

Congratulations mate!

How ya doing? Have you heard from Kyrra?

Karma coming your way!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Drebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Celsius
How is having a GC racial profiling? Does the GC contain information about ethnicity?
I think he means the 'racial profiling' is a cop harassing you and asking for it purely based on say, your accent.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:40 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

It's a wierd situation that, in general, USCs don't have to have IDs. The lawman would have to "know" that you were not a USC, to know to ask for a GC.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:46 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
It's a wierd situation that, in general, USCs don't have to have IDs. The lawman would have to "know" that you were not a USC, to know to ask for a GC.
My sarf london eloquent speaking voice gives me away ....
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Its a good point....

So what about people who don't have a GC either? Are they meant to have their passport on them?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

britnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to behold

Hi.
We got our Green Cards last week, too! Ironically enough, the girls' cards arrived the day before mine! (But so did their SSN's!)
Following on from the thread, however, whilst I do carry my Green Card in my purse - I have not given the girls theirs to carryThey are 14 and 16 but have been known to lose things.......
What is the legal position in this case? Would a policeman expect young people to carry their Green Card?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:29 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
My sarf london eloquent speaking voice gives me away ....
My west London accent does it for me too, but if I say "I am a citizen", what do they do, I'm not required to carry proof that I am a USC, and they need 'cause' to take it further.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.