Wikiposts

Gas/Petrol

Old May 27th 2007, 10:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas/Petrol

Originally Posted by Big D
Wise man!

I only got stung with a $700 service once, that probably wasnt really needed. Mostly under $100 - in the uk I paid £120 up to £400 plus depending on the car and the miles
what kind of services? because it's never less than $300....only time it has been that cheap was because I already had the tranny flushed and radiator replaced, otherwise it would as usual be around $650
Old May 27th 2007, 10:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by y2b4sure
I've read your 'argument' many times over and laugh louder each time. You are comparing two completely different vehicles with differing consumption rates. Drive the same vehicle in both countries and the cost per mile is considerably cheaper in the US (obviously).

I can't comment on everyone's insurance rates, but my insurance is cheaper in the US than the UK.
most motors get less milage over here...and in some states, insurance is cheap, but in many, it's seriously more expensive...it all depends on what the state minimum is, NH doesn't even have a requirement apparently....and my insurance which wasn't cheap in maine doubled when I moved to MA almost.
Old May 27th 2007, 12:45 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
most motors get less milage over here...and in some states, insurance is cheap, but in many, it's seriously more expensive...it all depends on what the state minimum is, NH doesn't even have a requirement apparently....and my insurance which wasn't cheap in maine doubled when I moved to MA almost.
We pay $1200 fully com for 4 people 2 cars...can't really call my kids kids..they are 19 and 26....
Old May 27th 2007, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all
Wink Re: Gas/Petrol

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Whats the price running in your area right now? Here in Grand Rapids, MI it is running at $3.65 per gallon, the highest I have seen it... so far. I know it is going to get worse.

Has the rising price had any effect on your travel habits yet? I have been a little more consious about just going to the mall etc without any really good reason.

Ash
Here In Hayden Idaho It has been $3.25 but yesterday I saw $3.07 and $3.09
Yes you really have to think twice about running around town:
Old May 27th 2007, 2:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hove
$2.99 for regular today.
Old May 27th 2007, 2:08 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

It was between $3.02 and $3.45 here ...not to bad for holiday time...it can shoot up 20/30 cents over a long weekend....
Old May 27th 2007, 3:03 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
We pay $1200 fully com for 4 people 2 cars...can't really call my kids kids..they are 19 and 26....
You mean $1200 for two cars - it doesn't usually matter who is in them in the US, as long as it's not a policy that excludes young drivers. Also, if you do think that's cheap you might want to check that you're not underinsured. Mine is $2080 for two cars, but I do have fairly high policy limits on them.
Old May 27th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
what kind of services? because it's never less than $300....only time it has been that cheap was because I already had the tranny flushed and radiator replaced, otherwise it would as usual be around $650
What the hell are you driving? 20- 30 bux for an oil change at Dodge - $700 was the full monty with throttle body service that it didnt really need -other than that did 40k and no bill over $70

Just had the wifes Subaru done and told them to do everything to it and they struggled to get it to $400 with a valet
Old May 28th 2007, 1:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Big D
What the hell are you driving? 20- 30 bux for an oil change at Dodge - $700 was the full monty with throttle body service that it didnt really need -other than that did 40k and no bill over $70

Just had the wifes Subaru done and told them to do everything to it and they struggled to get it to $400 with a valet
oil change ain't a service though is it...and that's around $30 here, round $18 up in maine.

And I'm driving a high milage motor, saab 9000cs with just under 150 on the clock, so a service needs everything checked out every 30K

And those rates aren't going to a saab dealer, just a place certified to do saabs, not that it matters as we don't have a motor under warranty.
Old May 28th 2007, 1:48 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
You mean $1200 for two cars - it doesn't usually matter who is in them in the US, as long as it's not a policy that excludes young drivers. Also, if you do think that's cheap you might want to check that you're not underinsured. Mine is $2080 for two cars, but I do have fairly high policy limits on them.

We have superdo safe driver discount...that knocks our costs down big time...we had our noclaims taken into account from day one 7 years ago...we had a letter to say we could have 3 crashes now and our costs would not go up....

Last edited by krizzy; May 28th 2007 at 1:51 am.
Old May 28th 2007, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hove
3.78 today thieving b stards
Old May 28th 2007, 5:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
3.78 today thieving b stards
That almost $1 per gall more than here.
Old May 28th 2007, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That almost $1 per gall more than here.
its why ur driving a jag and i am in a monte carlo

although hubby has a F250 diesel and its cheaper to drive that at the moment at 2.99 a gallon than my little road runner!

i am just curious where it stops.
Old May 28th 2007, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

$3.29 here for premium, that's what I put in, when OH is home he put's in regula. Ray or anyone..... dose it really matter if you change it about ? what are the benefit's of premium anyway? sorry silly woman's question
Old May 28th 2007, 8:37 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
$3.29 here for premium, that's what I put in, when OH is home he put's in regula. Ray or anyone..... dose it really matter if you change it about ? what are the benefit's of premium anyway? sorry silly woman's question
If your owner's manual doesn't say to use premium, then there is no benefit to using it. Usually the cars that really need it have turbos, or spin way too much horsepower out of way too little engine displacement. Some people claim to get better performance by optionally using premium instead of regular, but that's just a 20 cent / gallon placebo IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.