Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Frozen UK pensions

Frozen UK pensions

Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:28 am
Just Joined

hopeful2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frozen UK pensions

Just a quickie- I suddenly thought a while back what happens to any old company pension schemes from the UK once you left the UK?

Well you can transfer the UK frozen pensions you may have there with old employers going back to 1970, with the help of an advisor.

This was something that I did not know about and was glad that I did.

If anyone wants any info on how I did it please PM me.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Frozen UK pensions

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensions...ions/index.htm
Old Jul 29th 2009, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

im9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really nice
Question Re: Frozen UK pensions

Originally Posted by hopeful2
Just a quickie- I suddenly thought a while back what happens to any old company pension schemes from the UK once you left the UK?

Well you can transfer the UK frozen pensions you may have there with old employers going back to 1970, with the help of an advisor.

This was something that I did not know about and was glad that I did.

If anyone wants any info on how I did it please PM me.

Why were you glad you did? did it have anything to do with the same posting on the Canada forum? If anyone has an old employer scheme, chances are it is not good advice to transfer it, unless of course that old scheme is going to close down. Personal pensions on the other hand, well that's a different matter.......