Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Freeeeeeezing.

Wikiposts

Freeeeeeezing.

Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:16 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freeeeeeezing.

They seem to think that its not just a canal between us and the rest of the USA...but a bloody 1000 mile wide ocean....we use little gas...its the carrier costs that cost......not sure if everyone has it so bad...but everything on this little strip of land is double the price in a lot of cases....
Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:25 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
gosh you led an interesting life didn't know they did that in England. do tell us more
The dogs race with wheels...because we have little snow in Southern England...my group would use the New Forest....I have a bad back after a car crash so I could only race for fun....

Here is some pictures and info about racing in Scotland...

http://www.dogsportscotland.com/about3.asp

And the group I belonged too...

http://www.siberianhuskyclub.com/

Last edited by krizzy; Oct 29th 2006 at 3:29 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:34 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

My dogs when pups....my son is now 18 .........
Attached Thumbnails Freeeeeeezing.-dogs.jpg  
Old Oct 29th 2006, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
84F here... I'm positively shivering my knees off...
We were on Miami beach for 7 hours today. Life is tuff, but someone has to do it. I even went in the ocean twice, nice waves.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 4:31 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
The dogs race with wheels...because we have little snow in Southern England...my group would use the New Forest....I have a bad back after a car crash so I could only race for fun....

Here is some pictures and info about racing in Scotland...

http://www.dogsportscotland.com/about3.asp

And the group I belonged too...

http://www.siberianhuskyclub.com/
very interesting, knew about the wheel racing. Did you ever do the Alaskan races?
Your dogs are lovely. Sorry to hear about your back.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:10 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
very interesting, knew about the wheel racing. Did you ever do the Alaskan races?
Your dogs are lovely. Sorry to hear about your back.
No...my friend did and lost all her hair with the cold...
It was the dogs that got us interested in moving to the USA again...I was trying to find a place to keep the UK racing team....

The little pup in the picture has the same parents as one of the dogs in 'Due South'...do you remember that show....her grandfather was a wolf..you can see that more as she got older...she stayed small because of an illness she had at 3 weeks....we thought we would lose her...she ended up looking like a pup all her life....
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Locking your price in, that's a good move...we'd have done that, but we moved in 2 weeks after the deadline for that...ohw ell *l*
Actually no, we didn't lock our price in. Wouldn't that be great. Nope, we're paying the actual gas price.

I remembered what it's called now, it's a budget plan. That's where they take your last years total, divide it by 12, and that's what you pay each month in the new year.
Every so often they adjust the budget amount based on what you actually did use, how much credit you have (for instance if the budget amount is $125 and you used $100 you'd have $25 credit), etc.. or if you're not paying enough they adjust it upward.

But they only adjust it if your credit/debit gets too big, not with every little change, which would defeat the purpose of having a budget plan.

Elaine (<--- still wondering why everyone is apparently paying so much more)
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:36 am
Re vera, potas bene.

You pay all year round.....I have large bills for only for the mid winter months...about 4 months of the year....
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:50 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

No...my friend did and lost all her hair with the cold...
It was the dogs that got us interested in moving to the USA again...I was trying to find a place to keep the UK racing team....

The little pup in the picture has the same parents as one of the dogs in 'Due South'...do you remember that show....her grandfather was a wolf..you can see that more as she got older...she stayed small because of an illness she had at 3 weeks....we thought we would lose her...she ended up looking like a pup all her life....
good grief - hope she's OK about losing her hair
one of those dream things I and many others would love to do - ride with the dogs!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

You pay all year round.....I have large bills for only for the mid winter months...about 4 months of the year....
So a way for people to not have to worry about huge gas bills would be to go on a budget plan.

Elaine
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:13 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
So a way for people to not have to worry about huge gas bills would be to go on a budget plan.

Elaine

Well not really....it works out about the same over the year....but I keep my money in the bank...with a budget plan you put it in someone elses bank....
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:33 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Freeeeeeezing.

Just got back from Pennsylvania this morning, and arrived home at 1 a.m.

The temperature in PA was pretty nice yesterday, perfect for visiting Valley Forge, Daniel Boone's Birthplace, and looking around Philly.

Saturday and Sunday were a bit windy and cool, but nothing too bad, and I had a leather jacket and sweater to keep me warm.

Lancaster County was a pretty as ever, and the people always friendly. Carol said she might consider living there someday, but not if I can help it. I like the area, but the thought of surviving cold winters again, would put me off. Maybe have a summer home their or something.

The cops in Philly were great yesterday, met a great guy who gave me a Philadelphia Police shoulder patch. Everytime I tried to obtain one in the past I was told a definite NO!! Finally got one yesterday!! Hooray!!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
The cops in Philly were great yesterday, met a great guy who gave me a Philadelphia Police shoulder patch. Everytime I tried to obtain one in the past I was told a definite NO!! Finally got one yesterday!! Hooray!!

Made the trip worthwhile.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:46 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

It's now a balmy 55 F outside.

I keep the heat at about 74 F when I am at home.... at night goes some lower but needs to come up again or I can't get out of bed. I am a reptile, I swear.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:50 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Freeeeeeezing.

Originally Posted by snowbunny
It's now a balmy 55 F outside.

I keep the heat at about 74 F when I am at home.... at night goes some lower but needs to come up again or I can't get out of bed. I am a reptile, I swear.
Back here in Florida, its blazing hot, and we have the fans on to keep the place cool. We turned the A/C off last month as its not so hot to justify keeping it on. Its around 84 degrees here today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.