Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Free Speech in the USA

Free Speech in the USA

Old May 13th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

hammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to all
Default Free Speech in the USA

I was quite alarmed at how the American police broke up a demonstration last week. They were quite violent, and even being in Belfast at the height of the troubles was never like that.

America, land of the free?? NO WAY.

Can't wait to get back to Blighty and FREEDOM. 6 weeks vacation, time off at Christmas, New Year and Easter, and all Bank Holidays

I have lived 3 years in America, and I cannot wait till July when I can finally get out of this jingoistic, expensive, banana republic of the USA
Old May 13th 2007, 7:40 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Speech in the USA

Originally Posted by hammersmith_cockney
I was quite alarmed at how the American police broke up a demonstration last week. They were quite violent, and even being in Belfast at the height of the troubles was never like that.

Can't wait to get back to Blighty and FREEDOM. 6 weeks vacation, time off at Christmas, New Year and Easter, and all Bank Holidays

I have lived 3 years in America, and I cannot wait till July when I can finally get out of this jingoistic, expensive, banana republic of the USA
Do you ever stop whining about the US? I think members get the message. Please change the record (or should it be MP3?)...
Old May 13th 2007, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

seems you don't have to wait until july......hope all goes well tomorrow.
Old May 13th 2007, 8:23 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
seems you don't have to wait until july......hope all goes well tomorrow.
Best not mention that it's absolutely pissin it down here today...worst weather since we got back.
Old May 13th 2007, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought you were leaving TOMORROW...PLEASE go
Old May 13th 2007, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Old William
Best not mention that it's absolutely pissin it down here today...worst weather since we got back.
sounds nice, seriously

i know the south of england needs the rain or it'll be hose pipe bans again if not already in force......

Last edited by TruBrit; May 13th 2007 at 8:42 pm.
Old May 13th 2007, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
sounds nice, seriously

i know the south of engand needs the rain or it'll be hose pipe bans again if not already in force......
It's a must or the place would not be so green
Old May 13th 2007, 9:50 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Yea we need the rain...some parts of the UK had 0 (yup thats zero, nil, nada) rain for the whole of April!

However I just drove Chester to Hull this afternoon and it was torrential downpours all the way along the entire length of the M62 which kind of sucked.
Old May 13th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Yea we need the rain...some parts of the UK had 0 (yup thats zero, nil, nada) rain for the whole of April!

However I just drove Chester to Hull this afternoon and it was torrential downpours all the way along the entire length of the M62 which kind of sucked.
I've been in Herefordshire all this weekend - it's been pussies and bowwows all day today but total rainfall for the whole of April here was just 1.3mm - apparently it all fell during tea break.
Old May 14th 2007, 12:55 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with that kind of rain, though, is that is causes flooding as it can't sink in to the ground quickly enough, because the ground's too hard. No fun!

Promise you'll stay away? I mean, from this forum as well. Just don't let the door hit your arse on the way out, m'kay? (and good luck back in England)
Old May 14th 2007, 2:52 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

... have lived 3 years in America, and I cannot wait till July when I can finally get out of this jingoistic, expensive, banana republic of the USA
.... Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again.... at least you've managed to find something in common before you go - it seems neither you nor a few here can wait for July.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:20 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
.... Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again.... at least you've managed to find something in common before you go - it seems neither you nor a few here can wait for July.
Elsewhere on BE he said he's leaving tomorrow. I hope it's true.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Elsewhere on BE he said he's leaving tomorrow. I hope it's true.
Where did he say that?

And sorry, I've tried to be tolerant... but have to join you in that wish.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell do you have some sort of memory disorder?
You continue to open threads with your whinge of the day...... shite we have all heard before of have experienced!!!! tell us a new one at least if your going to bother!!!!
If we all opened a bloody thread every time we had a shitty day then we would probably all need our own freaking personal BE!!!!!!!!

Please get an original thought!!!!
Old May 14th 2007, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Maz
The problem with that kind of rain, though, is that is causes flooding as it can't sink in to the ground quickly enough, because the ground's too hard. No fun!

you're right there, we have flash flooding all the time here...serious probs esp with the cars on the roads, no grip with the road surface being as it is and the retread tyres don't help matters in any weather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.