Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Free prescription drugs for unemployed

Free prescription drugs for unemployed

Old May 15th 2009, 12:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free prescription drugs for unemployed

Pfizer are to make free meds available for 12 months to those who have lost their jobs since 1st January of this year.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...yed.html?cat=5
Old May 15th 2009, 12:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free prescription drugs for unemployed

That's handy...wonder if that'll include spouses though and what about those laid off before Jan...

Speaking of free stuff for folks getting redundant, Ryan who makes CrazyBump, which is an awesome bit of software is letting all artists who've been laid off get a free license...that's been the most handy thing I've found since getting laid off
Old May 16th 2009, 12:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Wish the drug companies would bring low cost programs to Canada more often...Lots of unemployed, uninsured people up here too.

(we have universal healthcare but prescriptions are generally not covered and must be paid out of pocket or by private insurance coverage.)
Old May 16th 2009, 12:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Wish the drug companies would bring low cost programs to Canada more often...Lots of unemployed, uninsured people up here too.

(we have universal healthcare but prescriptions are generally not covered and must be paid out of pocket or by private insurance coverage.)
You pay less than folk in the US for prescriptions...that's why so many get their meds from Canada.
Old May 16th 2009, 1:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You pay less than folk in the US for prescriptions...that's why so many get their meds from Canada.
Might be but poor people still cannot afford many of the medications and go without.

I'be got one that runs me 90 a month, I rarely take it these days as I dont have an extra 100/month to spend on medication. Luckily the really exspensive one the government will pay for.

It's not that cheap up here.
Old May 16th 2009, 1:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Might be but poor people still cannot afford many of the medications and go without.

I'be got one that runs me 90 a month, I rarely take it these days as I dont have an extra 100/month to spend on medication. Luckily the really exspensive one the government will pay for.

It's not that cheap up here.
I know...personally I think healthcare and meds should be a right for everyone. Sadly it isn't the case.
Old May 16th 2009, 2:11 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

That interesting DH works for Pfizer and I am the one always banging on about my neighbour on this forum whenever health insurance comes up, so I am not the only one here or across their sites who cares clearly! as well as the company, that said they have just laid off alot of people themselves which includes many of our friends, so this could not be an easy decision for the company,( it will cost them alot of money, even with tax right offs) , but to give them their due they are carrying on health insurance for those people laid off a lot longer than most companies and most have managed to get most jobs within the company, due to a jobs freeze, so any vaccancies can be filled by exsisting employees, pharma companies get a lot of bad press but the unfortunate fact of the matter is without profit they can't invest in new research! and in todays risk adverst society it becomes more and more difficult.
Another member of my family on the research side has just lost his job (USC) and was retiring soon, he is as happy as larry, huge payout, pension and being headhunted as a consultant by all and sundry, its an ill wind...
We wait to see if DH was a job, we gave up alot to move here, it all part of the American Dream but we wait and we hope
Old May 16th 2009, 2:26 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone taking a generic drug, don't forget to check with Target or Wal-Mart. If on their list, generics cost $4 per month, or $12 for 90 days.

Publix gives 14 days of certain antibiotics free.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/heal...eric_drugs.jsp