Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Form I-9: Employment Eligibility question

Form I-9: Employment Eligibility question

Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

d4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the rough
Default Form I-9: Employment Eligibility question

Hey

Ive recently arrived in the states on a Family based first preference immigrant visa (F1-1) and I went to a temp agency today. They had work for me but said they said there was a discrepency on one part, the part relevant states:

<quote>

I attest, under penalty of perjury, that I am (check one of the following)

[] A citizen or national of the United States
[] A lawful permanent resident (alien #) A________
[] An alien authorized to work until______

</quote>

I ticked the 2nd option because I am a lawful permenant resident alien, however, I dont exactly know what my alien number is.

Could someone please tell me where to find it?

Regards

Dave
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:28 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form I-9: Employment Eligibility question

Originally Posted by d4vid
Hey

Ive recently arrived in the states on a Family based first preference immigrant visa (F1-1) and I went to a temp agency today. They had work for me but said they said there was a discrepency on one part, the part relevant states:

<quote>

I attest, under penalty of perjury, that I am (check one of the following)

[] A citizen or national of the United States
[] A lawful permanent resident (alien #) A________
[] An alien authorized to work until______

</quote>

I ticked the 2nd option because I am a lawful permenant resident alien, however, I dont exactly know what my alien number is.

Could someone please tell me where to find it?

Regards

Dave
on your green card or in your passport by the I-551 stamp and on all but every piece of immigration paperwork, receipt and NOA you ever received.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

It's usually on your visa somewhere. I don't know what your type of visa looks like but if it's stamped in your passport then the # should be handwritten in. Otherwise you'll have some type of registration card with it on.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

d4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the rough

my visa is a sticker in my passport

on the right there is my IV case number i.e. LND**********

underneath that it gives me a registration number which is an 8 digit string

would this be it?

NOA mentions nothing of the sort

thanks
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

my visa is a sticker in my passport

on the right there is my IV case number i.e. LND**********

underneath that it gives me a registration number which is an 8 digit string

would this be it?

NOA mentions nothing of the sort

thanks
on my latest Notice of Action it is above my name.

the LND ********* is the receipt number not the same.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
on my latest Notice of Action it is above my name.

the LND ********* is the receipt number not the same.

yes i understand the LND # is not the same thanks

anyone else shed some light?

thanks
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

yes i understand the LND # is not the same thanks

anyone else shed some light?

thanks
Could be the registration number you mention - mine is 9 digits though.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:38 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Philgr
Could be the registration number you mention - mine is 9 digits though.
mine is nine too

A** *** ***
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mine is nine too

A** *** ***
Mine is INS A#: ***-***-*** but the first * is 0 so I would guess we have found the answer and D4vid has his number.

What's our prize?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

F1...ain't that the student visa? not allowing you to work in the first year, and only giving on campus part time work? Didn't realise the family was work authorised with it though....hmmm....anyway, there's a visa forum where you might get better results if you ask there
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:47 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Bob
F1...ain't that the student visa? not allowing you to work in the first year, and only giving on campus part time work? Didn't realise the family was work authorised with it though....hmmm....anyway, there's a visa forum where you might get better results if you ask there
That's J visa.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 12:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That's J visa.
thought that was for extended learning...hmm.....anyway, i'm all cross eyed, back to pixels for me
Old Oct 8th 2005, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob

F-1 Visa is a (student) visa type. F1 is immigrant classification.
Family First Preference: A category of family immigration (F1) for unmarried sons and daughters of American citizens, and their children.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

yeah its not an F1 visa I was on one of them from 00-04, its an immigrant visa as i have my ss number etc

ill try the other forum cheers lads