Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Football, nothing like football

Football, nothing like football

Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:03 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Football, nothing like football

I went to my first NFL game last week in Miami (Dolphins against the Patriots) and it was fun. Firstly the tailgating, a party in the park before the game, never happen at the Valley, that much beer consumption would mean an all out riot.

Watching the game itself is weird, because no-one watches the game. The seats around us where half empty for most of the game as people spent most of there time doing other stuff, it wasnt until the 4th quarter when the game got tight people stayed put. Never happen at Bloomfield road I can tell you.

I have been to tons of baseball games but this is the NFL game, not the last I can tell you.
Attached Thumbnails Football, nothing like football-addie1.jpg  
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football, nothing like football

been to a few college games this season - great fun and huge crowds! Even found myself watching monday night football recently!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:07 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patrick
I went to my first NFL game last week in Miami (Dolphins against the Patriots) and it was fun. Firstly the tailgating, a party in the park before the game, never happen at the Valley, that much beer consumption would mean an all out riot.

Watching the game itself is weird, because no-one watches the game. The seats around us where half empty for most of the game as people spent most of there time doing other stuff, it wasnt until the 4th quarter when the game got tight people stayed put. Never happen at Bloomfield road I can tell you.

I have been to tons of baseball games but this is the NFL game, not the last I can tell you.
Did a fat skinhead not piss on your shoes in a concrete shed whilst you drank warm bitter and sampled a balti Pie ? can't be football then

Last edited by Eskimo; Nov 24th 2005 at 2:10 am.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:15 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Did a fat skinhead not piss on your shoes in a concrete shed whilst you drank warm bitter and sampled a balti Pie ? can't be football then
No Bovril either
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:25 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

No Bovril either
yee Gods !!! Did they have any pickled onion Monster Munch ?

Was there any atmosphere at all ?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:04 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Did you start any rousing choruses of "The Referees a W@nker"?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:23 am
Pagan Sex God

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Did you start any rousing choruses of "The Referees a W@nker"?
Song Sheet

"Come in a Taxi"

"Your going home in a Miami ambulance"

"Your not singing anymore" (or ever)

"Its all gone quiet over there"

"Who ate all the quesadillas"

"Are you watching Payton Manning"

"Que Se Ra, se ra, what ever will be will be, we're going to Detroit, que se ra, se ra"

"come and have a go if you have enough ammunition for your beretta"
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:20 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

"Your going home in a Miami ambulance"
"you're going home in a f-ing huge gas-guzzling SUV", surely?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:36 pm
Pagan Sex God

We live in North Carolina so the most confusing thing for me is that non of the Cheerleaders didnt made out with other! Weird
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by elfman
"you're going home in a f-ing huge gas-guzzling SUV", surely?
Miami Ambulance = Escalade with full Bling:

Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Song Sheet

"come and have a go if you have enough ammunition for your beretta"
I believe Uzi's are standard gang accessories down here these days.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Great photo of the little one.
I have been to, Baseball, Football, Basketball & Ice Hockey games. Very few people seem to watch the game. As you say half the seats (Often the best ones) are empty. People arrive half way through the games. Others leave half way through. 90% leave before the end, beat the traffic. I have seen more then one game, where the team that was winning lost in the last 10 minutes.
Reg. Frank R.