Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Football in New York

Wikiposts

Football in New York

Old Dec 5th 2004, 6:33 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future
Default Football in New York

I've done a search but I cannot find a specific answer to a specific question:

Is there anywhere I can watch Liverpool FC take on (and inadvertently draw after spurning numerous chances) the world - either a bar or a local TV Station?

Thanks.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 12:05 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football in New York

Originally Posted by Chandler
I've done a search but I cannot find a specific answer to a specific question:

Is there anywhere I can watch Liverpool FC take on (and inadvertently draw after spurning numerous chances) the world - either a bar or a local TV Station?

Thanks.
I assume you mean in New York city, not somewhere else in NY state?

English football in NYC is shown on mostly on Fox Sports World, which is included in the standard cable TV package. see the following for the match broadcast schedule: http://soccertv.com/england.cfm

As for bars, I know there are a number of places in the city where you can see it but I can't name any off the top of my head. I always used to go to Mulligan's on First Street in Hoboken for big games ("New Jersey's Soccer Headquarters"), a five minute ferry or PATH train ride across the Hudson and then a five minute walk the other end.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 12:29 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

You could try Setanta, they broadcast some EPL games. They're going to be showing the Olympiakos game on the 8th. Click on the link, enter a zip code and Bing - you should be able to find a pub in NY.

Don't Liverpool have a webcasting service?

http://www.setanta.com/content/setan...56e6d004f3769&
Old Dec 6th 2004, 8:27 am
Just Joined

kmccoll is an unknown quantity at this point

First Touch is probably your best resource for finding the right bar - it's a paper & online 'zine for Football in NY. There are quite a few places that show the English games, with Nevada Smith's probably the most famous. Not sure where the Liverpool fans base themselves, but there's bound to be a specific pub - there's probably a NY supporters web site somewhere.

As previously mentioned, the Setanta site has a list of all pubs. Also, depending on your cable company, you might be able to buy the games on pay-per-view.

Finally, a plug for my own bar guide

NYC Tartan Army Bar Guide
Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:34 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmccoll
Not sure where the Liverpool fans base themselves, but there's bound to be a specific pub - there's probably a NY supporters web site somewhere.
Here you go, mate. http://www.lfcny.org/

The 11th Street Bar is where Liverpool supporters in New York call home. Situated in the heart of the funky, bohemian East Village, it is a haven for all Liverpool fans, whether living in New York or just passing through.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 7:58 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

Awesome

Sadly I'm flying out to NY during the CL game on Wednesday but for once jetlag may work in my favour as I drag myself down to the 11th St bar of the derby at 07:30 (:scared: ).

At last, I can begin to look forward to life in NY City.....
Old Jan 16th 2005, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Hedgy is an unknown quantity at this point

For more football pubs in New York and elsewhere you can also try the site I run at SoccerBars.com.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hedgy
For more football pubs in New York and elsewhere you can also try the site I run at SoccerBars.com.

For anyone in the DC area, I went to Summers Sports Bar in Arlington on Sunday to watch Fulham v West Brom.
They seem to have every football match on there and talking to the guy there, when the bigger teams play they have 20/30 guys in there, the majority from the UK