Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry?

Prince Harry?

Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prince Harry?

why are the press so hell bent on putting him down? I know he is inline to the thrown and he has done some really stupid things but at the end of the day he is a kid and kids will be kids. I am sure william has done his share of mis behaving too but how come that never gets reported? Maybe it is just the press in the US?

Ash
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry?

yeah, he's young, but, poor choices none the less, and he should be more wiser, he does have people looking out for him too, but then again, he's not exactly the next in line, and what's done in private should stay that way, he's still a public figure whether he likes it or not, so should have also kept that in mind too...
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:55 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
but at the end of the day he is a kid and kids will be kids.
But he's not though, is he. He has a life of extraordinary priviledge and will never have to suffer the hardships a lot of people have to go through. He's never going to have to look down the back of the sofa for a couple of quid so he can pay the gas bill. He'll never have to save up to buy his first car or worry about getting a job.

If he really wants a private life and a normal life, then he should renounce his claim to the throne, stop taking taxpayers money and go out and get a job.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

superpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to all

He's not a kid - he's 20.

The French had the right idea - guillotine some sense into them!

Oops - did I type that out loud???

Pat
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

immunise is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sibsie
But he's not though, is he. He has a life of extraordinary priviledge and will never have to suffer the hardships a lot of people have to go through. He's never going to have to look down the back of the sofa for a couple of quid so he can pay the gas bill. He'll never have to save up to buy his first car or worry about getting a job.

If he really wants a private life and a normal life, then he should renounce his claim to the throne, stop taking taxpayers money and go out and get a job.

Hell yeah!!!! I'll to that!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie

Nahh sibsie, he doesn't take any taxpayers money- Charles and his sons are funded by the Duchy of Cornwall. Charles has always paid voluntary taxes (way before the Queen started paying) and he donates the surplus profit from the Duchy to charity. He don't cost citizens a penny piece- he even funds his public duties out of the Duchy - he isn't on the civil list. Tax-payers don't really fund the Queen either...the Crown estates money is paid into the treasury for the benefit of taxpayers, the Queen in return gets civil list monies for her public expenses (considerably less than the huge amount of profit from the Crown Estates) -her private income comes from the Duchy of Lancaster on which she pays tax. She's the only European monarch who pays tax.

Well Harry is rich enough- thanks to his great grandmother and his mother- but he lost his mother at age 13 and now has been cast as the bad boy by the press (William being the good boy)- they did the same thing with Princesses Margaret and Elizabeth. He can't even sneeze without it being pounced on by the press. He has absolutely no privacy, very little freedom, and extremely limited choices in life. What price privilege? I wouldn't want that existence for 10 times their money. There are plenty of mega rich kids out there who don't have any of the problems or pressures he does.

This latest fuss is ridiculous- it was a fancy dress costume for gawd's sake..not like he attended a neo nazi rally or something or wore it in his public role. It was a PRIVATE party- so either there was gross invasion of privacy..again.. or one of his "friends" sold him out to the press. Jeeze if he'd gone as a Roman, I guess we'd have had the conservative god botherers up in arms, after all they threw christians to the lions didn't they? I feel sorry for the kid...he's got leaders from around the world condemning him and is getting crucified in the press, he is only a kid at 20....... mature, respected men have been broken by less. Since when did nazi costumes ever bother the Brits anyway LOL ..ALLo,ALLo..Basil Fawlty goose stepping about the place "don't mention the war'..and at this very moment a Mel Brookes West End hit comedy musical with nazis hanging from the rafters.

I just had an hilarious email from my cousin in London about this, it included a photo of him and his wife going to a Boxing Day theme party- he was in full Nazi military uniform
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

He did not dress up to march in a BNP manner, he was dressed to take the piss as Freddie Starr did. As for all the UK jews who want to whinge ( the editor of the sun being prominent ) about WW2 etc, let's remember the jewish terrorists who murdered UK troops in Palestine in 1946.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 2:43 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffyles
Nahh sibsie, he doesn't take any taxpayers money- Charles and his sons are funded by the Duchy of Cornwall. Charles has always paid voluntary taxes (way before the Queen started paying) and he donates the surplus profit from the Duchy to charity. He don't cost citizens a penny piece- he even funds his public duties out of the Duchy - he isn't on the civil list. Tax-payers don't really fund the Queen either...the Crown estates money is paid into the treasury for the benefit of taxpayers, the Queen in return gets civil list monies for her public expenses (considerably less than the huge amount of profit from the Crown Estates) -her private income comes from the Duchy of Lancaster on which she pays tax. She's the only European monarch who pays tax.
Where the f**k do you think he got the Duchy and all the Crown estates from? The citizens of the UK, he didn't buy it.

Thing is Harry is an over privilleged twat, he wouldn't have got in the army with his history of drug abuse if he wasn't who he was. So his Mum died a lot of other kids loose a parent doesn't make him special. He has used all his excuses up he's a disgrace and an embarassment to our country of which like it or not he is a Prince.

Stop making excuses and face it he's an arse hole.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Where the f**k do you think he got the Duchy and all the Crown estates from? The citizens of the UK, he didn't buy it.

Thing is Harry is an over privilleged twat, he wouldn't have got in the army with his history of drug abuse if he wasn't who he was. So his Mum died a lot of other kids loose a parent doesn't make him special. He has used all his excuses up he's a disgrace and an embarassment to our country of which like it or not he is a Prince.

Stop making excuses and face it he's an arse hole.
His father inherited the Duchy, the Queen inherited the Crown estates and the Duchy of Lancaster..if the monarchy were abolished tomorrow- they would still own all that. Buckingham Palace, Windsor etc are publically owned but the Crown Estates are not, they were purchased by Lizzie's ancestors. Greece confiscated the crown estates when they kicked out their royal family and they have been successfully sued and European court ordered to hand the estates back.

Remove the monarchy in Uk and the Queen would still own all she inherited and Charles would still own the Duchy of Cornwall...same as the Duke of Westminster, Earl Spencer etc etc and anyone who inherits property.

Plenty of kids have lost their mother true- I only said that to illustrate that having plenty of money doesn't mean he's had a trouble free life. Most kids, rich and privileged or not, do not have their mistakes (and show me the kid that hasn't made plenty) broadcast around the world with world leaders judging them. He smoked pot (doesn't make him a drug addict), he got drunk a few times, he lunged at a photographer who shoved a camera right in his face as he was coming out of club (good for him). And he wore the wrong fancy dress costume...what makes him so bad? the fact that he was born a Prince?

Last edited by Taffyles; Jan 17th 2005 at 3:30 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:27 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

This latest fuss is ridiculous- it was a fancy dress costume for gawd's sake..not like he attended a neo nazi rally or something or wore it in his public role. It was a PRIVATE party
A private party on the theme of "colonial and native" I'd like to think that Harry was making a satirical point by exposing the fascist heart of the party's theme, but I doubt he's that clever.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:48 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

His father inherited the Duchy, the Queen inherited the Crown estates and the Duchy of Lancaster..if the monarchy were abolished tomorrow- they would still own all that. Buckingham Palace, Windsor etc are publically owned but the Crown Estates are not, they were purchased by Lizzie's ancestors. Greece confiscated the crown estates when they kicked out their royal family and they have been successfully sued and European court ordered to hand the estates back.

Remove the monarchy in Uk and the Queen would still own all she inherited and Charles would still own the Duchy of Cornwall...same as the Duke of Westminster, Earl Spencer etc etc and anyone who inherits property.

Plenty of kids have lost their mother true- I only said that to illustrate that having plenty of money doesn't mean he's had a trouble free life. Most kids, rich and privileged or not, do not have their mistakes (and show me the kid that hasn't made plenty) broadcast around the world with world leaders judging them. He smoked pot (doesn't make him a drug addict), he got drunk a few times, he lunged at a photographer who shoved a camera right in his face as he was coming out of club (good for him). And he wore the wrong fancy dress costume...what makes him so bad? the fact that he was born a Prince?

You make it sound like their ancestors got the land by buying it they got it by murder/theft etc it belongs to the indigenous population.
He is a drug abuser not necessarily an addict but ALL DRUG ABUSE is illegal in the services.
He's still an arsehole as he would if he came from a council house.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nxylas
A private party on the theme of "colonial and native" I'd like to think that Harry was making a satirical point by exposing the fascist heart of the party's theme, but I doubt he's that clever.

Well its a twist on the 'Vicars and Tarts' and 'Murder' theme parties. Richard Mead threw the party for his kids. Harry probably didn't think, like many 20 year old boys (and I've had two).
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

...and I've had two).
that could sound so wrong out of context here *lol*
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Thydney
You make it sound like their ancestors got the land by buying it they got it by murder/theft etc it belongs to the indigenous population.
He is a drug abuser not necessarily an addict but ALL DRUG ABUSE is illegal in the services.
He's still an arsehole as he would if he came from a council house.

The indiginous population being? How far back are you going to go with this. England belongs to the Welsh then Throw out dem pesky Angles and Saxons.
A lot of property was in fact purchased and Lizzie inherited that property. Buck house etc belongs to the people that is not part of the Crown estates.
Harry has no conviction of drug abuse, so it wouldn't keep him out of the services. ... in places like Brixton no-one is charged for smoking or possession of pot anyway, it'll soon be legalised as in some other European countries.
Areshole? I don't know him personally, so couldn't say but he sounds like a typical 20 year old to me.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

You know, if this had been one of my mates turning up to a fancy dress party dressed in this uniform, we'd have probably laughed and then that would be the last of it. But Harry has to learn to make better decisions, or someone around him needed to say "Look, you're going to get killed in the media for wearing this". I'm all for Big Ears kids trying to live "regular" lives, but they have to understand that whatever they do, it will be looked at closely under a microscope by tabloid Britain. It was just plain dumb on his part.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.