Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Football in Foreign

Football in Foreign

Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:58 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Football in Foreign

I am trying to watch the Liverpool v Man Utd game on FSC. Is it just me or is it in foreign, I know the announcers dont make that much sense at the best of times.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 12:01 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football in Foreign

Originally Posted by Patrick
I am trying to watch the Liverpool v Man Utd game on FSC. Is it just me or is it in foreign, I know the announcers dont make that much sense at the best of times.
I'm not exactly enamoured with the guys we get commentating on ESPN here either. He gets over-excited about nothing and uses phrases that nobody else ever does: "and the ball is in the onion bag"
Old Feb 18th 2006, 12:18 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
: "and the ball is in the onion bag"
Allan Partridge used to use that when he was on that fake news program
Old Feb 18th 2006, 2:46 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Was going to watch it here tomorrow as it is PPV. Was hoping to avoid the result however I am currently watching the Bolton V West Ham game and the rambling broadcaster decided to inject the Man U V Liverpool result into his commentary........................ Why?!?!?!
With the internet and instantaneous information I can find out the result of any game in minutes if not seconds if I want to.
Why do broadcasters continue to do this in this day and age when people have TIVO etc and might want to watch the game later.
I won't share the result for anyone that may be on another time zone etc.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:05 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Was going to watch it here tomorrow as it is PPV. Was hoping to avoid the result however I am currently watching the Bolton V West Ham game and the rambling broadcaster decided to inject the Man U V Liverpool result into his commentary........................ Why?!?!?!
With the internet and instantaneous information I can find out the result of any game in minutes if not seconds if I want to.
Why do broadcasters continue to do this in this day and age when people have TIVO etc and might want to watch the game later.
I won't share the result for anyone that may be on another time zone etc.
Noticed that myself - was going to watch the gypo v scum game on fsc tonight and intended to stay from the computer all day then that twat gave ou the result.
muppet
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:16 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Noticed that myself - was going to watch the gypo v scum game on fsc tonight and intended to stay from the computer all day then that twat gave ou the result.
muppet
It was a great result though
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

lol the scores today LIVERPOOL * man u *

Last edited by Bob; Feb 18th 2006 at 9:34 pm. Reason: spoiler
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:30 pm
Pagan Sex God

Originally Posted by TruBrit
The zero and the one seem to have somehow gone missing!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Football in Foreign

Originally Posted by ScousePete
It was a great result though
LIVERPOOL (1) - MANCHESTER UNITED (ZIPPEDEE DOO-DAH!)

LIV-ER-POOL, LIV-ER-POOL, LIV-ER-POOL!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit

now bob do not mess with my posts...it was a fair 'n square game...lol simply the best team won......LIVERPOOL
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scouse Express

sorry can you repeat that again please
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:08 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case you missed the obvious point, some people may have TIVO'd the game or be on a different time zone and want to watch it later. That is why we have the BFT( British football thread) thread, so you don't ruin it for other Brits around the globe
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:46 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well I give up...I guess everyone knows the result by now anyway....numpties.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I give up...I guess everyone knows the result by now anyway....numpties.

for sure numpties....sorry big time and hope i didn't spoil it for anyone, thought bob was just playing around with my post....i was so pleased with the result that when i saw a thread started about the game i forgot for one teeny second that i was in this crap country with all the different time zones and the consequences that would occur for me posting the results....really sorry
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:18 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Shakes head in disbelief Guess there's no need to watch the game now. Thanks alot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.