Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flying from Europe to USA - question

Flying from Europe to USA - question

Old Sep 10th 2006, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

cranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nice
Default Re: Flying from Europe to USA - question

Hey again,

I'm now in Orlando (for 6 weeks) and had no trouble travelling over from Germany. Delta fron Düsseldorf let me check 2 bags up to 50lb, a regular sized carryon and my laptop. I had to take the laptop into the cabin with me, I think it's their insurance or some thing.

Any one at security screening, found to be in possession of 'prohibited' items, was offered the chance to put them in their hold luggage or surrender them.

Immigration and customs in Atlanta were a breeze, the only hold up was a small heavy storm, centered over Orlando Airport, so we had to circle a few times.

All in all a pretty pleasant trip over.

C
Old Sep 10th 2006, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranners99
Hey again,

I'm now in Orlando (for 6 weeks) and had no trouble travelling over from Germany. Delta fron Düsseldorf let me check 2 bags up to 50lb, a regular sized carryon and my laptop. I had to take the laptop into the cabin with me, I think it's their insurance or some thing.

Any one at security screening, found to be in possession of 'prohibited' items, was offered the chance to put them in their hold luggage or surrender them.

Immigration and customs in Atlanta were a breeze, the only hold up was a small heavy storm, centered over Orlando Airport, so we had to circle a few times.

All in all a pretty pleasant trip over.

C
Thanks for the update. Enjoy your time stateside.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Friends just flown over to the UK and we are headed next week. Basically to the UK is different than from the UK. Going over the only restrictions are no liquids as per US internals. However we have an internal UK connection and the size of hand baggage is restricted to a laptop size bag - still no liquids etc. Coming back same liquid restrictions but can take any electronics etc but extra screening. There will is a full second screen and you cant take any duty free liquids etc (you can from the US as they are delivered to the plane - but you cant take them on the connecting UK flight!)

Still best to check with the airline but these rules have been in place since Aug 23 ish.

Probably totally different from Deutschland though
Old Sep 10th 2006, 3:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Friends just flown over to the UK and we are headed next week. Basically to the UK is different than from the UK. Going over the only restrictions are no liquids as per US internals. However we have an internal UK connection and the size of hand baggage is restricted to a laptop size bag - still no liquids etc. Coming back same liquid restrictions but can take any electronics etc but extra screening. There will is a full second screen and you cant take any duty free liquids etc (you can from the US as they are delivered to the plane - but you cant take them on the connecting UK flight!)

Still best to check with the airline but these rules have been in place since Aug 23 ish.

Probably totally different from Deutschland though
My neice flew from MAN with Continental almost 3 weeks ago and took a medium sized backpack on board.