Wikiposts

Flowers

Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:33 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flowers

[QUOTE=Englishmum]Er.....read the original question again and you will notice that the flowers are to be sent to an address in the US, not the UK!
QUOTE]

I did read the question thanks. It's the same answer. Read my answer (5p / 5c ) - In fact, it was a USA florist that told me they pay the 30% + 100% of delivery fee to Interflora when orders come in from another state or another country (they don't take Interflora or FTD orders anymore because they couldn't make money).

Go online and search for a florist (albeit in Sydney, Tokoyo, Australia, Manchester or LA) and you will likely get a little shop, run by a family that takes pride in delivering flowers locally.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:38 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

SPOOKY BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING...

Did anyone notice the ADVERTS at the bottom of this page - coincidence ? I don't think so ????

They were for all the internationally FLOWER companies !!

Last edited by franc11s; Nov 11th 2005 at 1:44 am.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=franc11s]
Originally Posted by Englishmum
Er.....read the original question again and you will notice that the flowers are to be sent to an address in the US, not the UK!
QUOTE]

I did read the question thanks. It's the same answer. Read my answer (5p / 5c ) - In fact, it was a USA florist that told me they pay the 30% + 100% of delivery fee to Interflora when orders come in from another state or another country (they don't take Interflora or FTD orders anymore because they couldn't make money).

Go online and search for a florist (albeit in Sydney, Tokoyo, Australia, Manchester or LA) and you will likely get a little shop, run by a family that takes pride in delivering flowers locally.
I don't quite understand. When I bought from www.proflowers.com they shipped dirctly from the grower via fedex, why would interflora or FTD be taking a cut? When I looked into it the flowers including delivery from proflowers were cheaper than buying them at any of my local florists and picking them up, sometimes around $50 cheaper.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
SPOOKY BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING...

Did anyone notice the ADVERTS at the bottom of this page - coincidence ? I don't think so ????

They were for all the internationally FLOWER companies !!
It would wouldn't it, being google based ad banners...they pick up on the key words...and it's bound to get it right once in a while
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I don't quite understand. When I bought from www.proflowers.com they shipped dirctly from the grower via fedex, why would interflora or FTD be taking a cut? When I looked into it the flowers including delivery from proflowers were cheaper than buying them at any of my local florists and picking them up, sometimes around $50 cheaper.
Your getting the flowers direct rather than third party...lot of middle men, interflora taking cut, local florist, and the growers...whilst your getting them from the growers...two slices of the pie missing...
Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

1-800flowers.com because I get a company discount.