Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida Paradise Lost

Florida Paradise Lost

Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Florida Paradise Lost

Florida Paradise Lost program is on Thursday, August 26th at 9.00.

in the UK ... its about mainly about E-2 visas I believe for those
interested in that challenge

also for info ... there is a new immigration book out which deals with a person E-2 and L experiences ... reputedly to be very informative

http://www.amazon.co.uk/U-S-Immigrat...8451082&sr=8-1
Old Aug 25th 2010, 5:30 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida Paradise Lost

Originally Posted by Ray
also for info ... there is a new immigration book out which deals with a person E-2 and L experiences ... reputedly to be very informative

Did you write the review on Amazon?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Did you write the review on Amazon?
Nope ..probably the author
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:06 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Florida Paradise Lost program is on Thursday, August 26th at 9.00.

in the UK ... its about mainly about E-2 visas I believe for those
interested in that challenge

I watched this last night, it was very interesting. It seems in the current economic times, exisiting E-2 businesses should be cut a little slack, in terms of meeting standards for hiring staff and making sufficient profit.

Perhaps the most interesting part was the call-in radio show, with two british guests who are campaigning for E2 visa holders. All of the callers they showed on the TV program were very much in favour of people who they saw as following the rules, contributing to the economy and the community, and having lived in the US in some cases for many years.

One thing I learned is that you have to have some courage self-conviction to follow that route.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:51 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by dunroving
I watched this last night, it was very interesting. It seems in the current economic times, exisiting E-2 businesses should be cut a little slack, in terms of meeting standards for hiring staff and making sufficient profit.

Perhaps the most interesting part was the call-in radio show, with two british guests who are campaigning for E2 visa holders. All of the callers they showed on the TV program were very much in favour of people who they saw as following the rules, contributing to the economy and the community, and having lived in the US in some cases for many years.

One thing I learned is that you have to have some courage self-conviction to follow that route.
This was filmed a year ago .....
Old Aug 28th 2010, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
This was filmed a year ago .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgfCljL0jt0

You can see that bit on here, I have a feeling it might get removed so best be quick.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 3:41 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Boiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgfCljL0jt0

You can see that bit on here, I have a feeling it might get removed so best be quick.
I know Zoe ..she is a terrific lady ....
Old Aug 28th 2010, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
I know Zoe ..she is a terrific lady ....
Really......

Is the feeling mutual?
Old Aug 28th 2010, 4:06 pm
Ray

Really......

Is the feeling mutual?
Yup we are close ..I think saw her last.. about 4 year ago ..
Old Aug 28th 2010, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Yup we are close ..I think saw her last.. about 4 year ago ..
You can't rush these things.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You can't rush these things.
In his old age, it takes Ray... y'know... a long time to do anything!

Ian
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:39 pm
BritChickUS

kwilson will become famous soon enoughkwilson will become famous soon enough

I'm in the UK at the moment visiting my Mum and just watched the "Paradise Lost" programme.

Yes - about the E2 visa/experience

Full of inaccuracies. Rather sensationalised. Superficial. Exactly what I expected it to be.

The information about Zoe and E2Reform was excellent though. I hope she's proud - she should be.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 9:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwilson
I'm in the UK at the moment visiting my Mum and just watched the "Paradise Lost" programme.

Yes - about the E2 visa/experience

Full of inaccuracies. Rather sensationalised. Superficial. Exactly what I expected it to be.

The information about Zoe and E2Reform was excellent though. I hope she's proud - she should be.
If the part about Zoe was accurate (I watched the youtube video but not the whole show) what was INaccurate about the rest? I thought the segment on the E2Reform made the experience sound pretty grim overall.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I finally got around to watching this last night (the full show). A few things struck me:
- All the success stories were from people who have been there a long time; both the failures had been here less than a couple of years
- The "home cinema" bloke either didn't do his research or he was scammed. Elsewhere it has been said he is suing the former business owner. In either case, nothing to do with the visa and could happen anywhere.
- PMSL at the "sarf London" woman who ran the B&B - $20 for tea and cucumber sandwiches?! Good on her!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:03 am
BritChickUS

kwilson will become famous soon enoughkwilson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by meauxna
If the part about Zoe was accurate (I watched the youtube video but not the whole show) what was INaccurate about the rest? I thought the segment on the E2Reform made the experience sound pretty grim overall.
Some of the info on the specifics of the E2 were inaccurate at the beginning, and there was mention of the guy who had the ice cream shops working on becoming an LPR in 5 years - but didn't actually make the connection to the EB-5 or what the pathway to LPR was - just made it sound like an E2=LPR, which of course we all know isn't the case!

As usual there was also the statements about you having to create employment which isn't actually always the case if your business is making money. # of employees is considered a 2nd consideration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.