Florida or California?

Wikiposts

Florida or California?

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Cordiner84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Florida or California?

Originally Posted by Goatman328
if you are an undergrad you are just a cash cow receiving a relatively crummy education.
Cash cow?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

By 'Cash Cow', he is saying that you are a revenue-generating, profit making pawn in their business model, and not a valued student who will benefit from the fact that the university is high rated.

Kinda reminds me of my time at London University (Kings College). Kings College is a great historical institution, and I would not trade my 3 years at Kings for anything (fabulous location on the Strand, overlooking the Thames, close to 'everything'), but in terms of the actual education I got, it was atrocious. I studied Engineering, and the Engineering department was very outdated. Kings was a great place to study the classics, or history, or whatever, not a great place for technology! STILL ... many years later, the 'name' of Kings College probably got me through the first round of resume (CV) filtering!
Old Dec 16th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callowman
Well cali is nice but well-Earthquakes,Flash floods, Forest Fires, race riots,the mexican invasion etc.
no thanks.

Florida is better, closer to home , and only a hurricane to watch every now and then ! (and you get time to get out the way )
What! California, is the Goldern state lol lol lol
Old Dec 16th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

polar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by callowman
Well cali is nice but well-Earthquakes,Flash floods, Forest Fires, race riots,the mexican invasion etc.
no thanks.
ahhh that famous British tolerance. another common myth
Old Dec 17th 2007, 1:16 am

Lord Knows is an unknown quantity at this point

Move to the midwest ....sweat your balls off in the summer and be chased by brass monkeys in winter ....the woman are unbelievable .....sexy, uncomplicated and stacked ....

Best education value in the states is at

http://www.truman.edu/