Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flights to the UK

Flights to the UK

Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:53 am
Going home at last

dragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to all
Default Flights to the UK

I am trying to find cheap flights to the UK as I am attending a wedding of a close relative. I hope to go in July I looked on the BA website and nearly fell through the floor with their prices does anyone know of any websites where I may be able to get cheap flights to the UK rather than having to take out a mortgage to pay for them? Thankyou in advance for any helpful hints
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:57 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights to the UK

Originally Posted by dragonfly
I am trying to find cheap flights to the UK as I am attending a wedding of a close relative. I hope to go in July I looked on the BA website and nearly fell through the floor with their prices does anyone know of any websites where I may be able to get cheap flights to the UK rather than having to take out a mortgage to pay for them? Thankyou in advance for any helpful hints

BA still sell their own tickets the cheapest - just to really upset you we have just flown back to UK for a funeral - booked it v late and paid $10k for two adults and two kids in coach
I've been looking for July and in the end just paid 1k each as the prices have started rising over the last two weeks...
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

megs is on a distinguished road

You could try travelocity, orbitz, sidestep, travelzoo, expedia, priceline, hotwire, cheapflights, all .com, or search by airlines - if you can get to NYC, Air India is often very cheap; crap, but cheap. And I've somtimes got good deals with Icelandic, out of Boston or NYC again.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Could search the forum, there was a really good thread on it over the last week...
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:34 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Eskimo
BA still sell their own tickets the cheapest - just to really upset you we have just flown back to UK for a funeral - booked it v late and paid $10k for two adults and two kids in coach
I've been looking for July and in the end just paid 1k each as the prices have started rising over the last two weeks...

Holy shit! The best price we've seen for July/August time is just under $1k each with American Airlines for indirect flights Miami to Manchester via Boston.

Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:57 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Flights to the UK

Originally Posted by Eskimo

It may be worthwhile phoning BA to see if you can get some sort of refund on those fares; many airlines have a special 'bereavement' fare if you can provide proof that the reason for your journey was to visit a dying relative or to attend a funeral. They would want for example, a phone no. for a doctor at a hospital or a copy of the death certificate.

BA does not offer bereavement fares but bearing in mind how much you paid for the family it's worthwhile talking (nicely!) to them and seeing if you can either get some sort of refund or credit for your next journey with them (maybe an upgrade?). Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Here's the contact no.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...bereavement%20

and if travelling with someone who is hosptalised or has died and you need to cancel the trip:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...bereavement%20
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:50 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I've not yet booked a flight through them but I do check www.qixo.com from time to time.

What is your destination airport in the UK?

I just bought a couple of tickets for myself and my Mum last weekend on American Airlines. The route is the same (LGW- Raleigh Durham) but my Mum's flight originates in the UK and mine in the US. Hers is $150 cheaper and it's not because of taxes (they're the identical).

NC Penguin
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I just bought a couple of tickets for myself and my Mum last weekend on American Airlines. The route is the same (LGW- Raleigh Durham) but my Mum's flight originates in the UK and mine in the US. Hers is $150 cheaper and it's not because of taxes (they're the identical).
Again Penguin, that's rubbish.
Earwig told me that Britain is a lot more expensive than the USA.
so it must be true.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:01 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Again Penguin, that's rubbish.
Earwig told me that Britain is a lot more expensive than the USA.
so it must be true.
Where's that Earwig got to, I wonder? Is he a troll?

NC Penguin
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:22 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Where's that Earwig got to,
Well, I doubt Florida.

not a troll, just didn't like the dose of reality he got is all.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:29 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Well, I doubt Florida.
Originally Posted by earwig999
I WILL make it to the USA, you will see.

Night all.

Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

i just saw AA jfk-lhr at $758 r/t for july 1/return july 12.
your other choice besides dealing with the airline directly could be a consolidator via a travel agent.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silvermine
i just saw AA jfk-lhr at $758 r/t for july 1/return july 12.
your other choice besides dealing with the airline directly could be a consolidator via a travel agent.

I JUST paid $790 for my parents to fly from Gatwick to LAX May 26th -> July 1st... cheapest other flight we could find (and they are VERY variable here) was > $1k

I think next year I'll book in December for July....
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light

I just had a look at the Virgin site for flights from Newark...this is for mid-July...

1 adult USD 638.00 each
less online booking discount USD 10.00 each
Total taxes, fees, charges and surcharges USD 174.99

Total USD 802.99

Plus, they are MUCH better than BA!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

their planes are going to be empty at these crazy summer prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.